Quantcast

10 RFR(xs): 8177551: [TESTBUG] TestHumongousClassLoader.java can fail on systems with non-g1 collector.

10 RFR(xs): 8177551: [TESTBUG] TestHumongousClassLoader.java can fail on systems with non-g1 collector.

Michail Chernov
Hi,

Could I have a review for this small fix please?

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mchernov/8177551/webrev.00/

TestHumongousClassLoader.java may cause to execute G1 specific code with
non-G1 collector.  ClassLoaderGenerator should be executed with
explicitly defined -XX:+UseG1GC because it instantiates G1SampleClass
which has G1 specific WhiteBox methods.

Thanks,
Michail

Re: 10 RFR(xs): 8177551: [TESTBUG] TestHumongousClassLoader.java can fail on systems with non-g1 collector.

Dmitry Fazunenko
Michail,

your fix looks good.

Thanks,
Dima

On 27.03.2017 15:57, Michail Chernov wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Could I have a review for this small fix please?

> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mchernov/8177551/webrev.00/
>
> TestHumongousClassLoader.java may cause to execute G1 specific code
> with non-G1 collector.  ClassLoaderGenerator should be executed with
> explicitly defined -XX:+UseG1GC because it instantiates G1SampleClass
> which has G1 specific WhiteBox methods.
>
> Thanks,
> Michail

Re: 10 RFR(xs): 8177551: [TESTBUG] TestHumongousClassLoader.java can fail on systems with non-g1 collector.

Thomas Schatzl

On Mon, 2017-03-27 at 15:57 +0300, Michail Chernov wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Could I have a review for this small fix please?

> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mchernov/8177551/webrev.00/
>
> TestHumongousClassLoader.java may cause to execute G1 specific code
> with
> non-G1 collector.  ClassLoaderGenerator should be executed with
> explicitly defined -XX:+UseG1GC because it instantiates
> G1SampleClass
> which has G1 specific WhiteBox methods.

  looks good.

Thomas

Re: 10 RFR(xs): 8177551: [TESTBUG] TestHumongousClassLoader.java can fail on systems with non-g1 collector.

Stefan Johansson

Just a question, the @requires vm.gc.G1 will not prevent the test from
running on platforms not supporting it? It will just prevent it running
if another collector in specified?

Thanks,
Stefan

On 2017-03-27 15:30, Dmitry Fazunenko wrote:

> Michail,
>
> your fix looks good.
>
> Thanks,
> Dima
>
> On 27.03.2017 15:57, Michail Chernov wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Could I have a review for this small fix please?

>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mchernov/8177551/webrev.00/
>>
>> TestHumongousClassLoader.java may cause to execute G1 specific code
>> with non-G1 collector.  ClassLoaderGenerator should be executed with
>> explicitly defined -XX:+UseG1GC because it instantiates G1SampleClass
>> which has G1 specific WhiteBox methods.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Michail

Re: 10 RFR(xs): 8177551: [TESTBUG] TestHumongousClassLoader.java can fail on systems with non-g1 collector.

Dmitry Fazunenko
Hi Stefan,

On 27.03.2017 16:42, Stefan Johansson wrote:
> Looks good.
>
> Just a question, the @requires vm.gc.G1 will not prevent the test from
> running on platforms not supporting it? It will just prevent it
> running if another collector in specified?
No, if G1 is not supported on a platform, '@requires vm.gc.G1' will
protect from running.
For more details, please look at 'test/jtreg-ext/requires/VMProps.java'

For the record: sun.hotspot.gc.GC enum could be used from tests to
retrieve the list of available GC and currently selected one.

Thanks,
Dima

> Thanks,
> Stefan
>
> On 2017-03-27 15:30, Dmitry Fazunenko wrote:
>> Michail,
>>
>> your fix looks good.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Dima
>>
>> On 27.03.2017 15:57, Michail Chernov wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Could I have a review for this small fix please?

>>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mchernov/8177551/webrev.00/
>>>
>>> TestHumongousClassLoader.java may cause to execute G1 specific code
>>> with non-G1 collector.  ClassLoaderGenerator should be executed with
>>> explicitly defined -XX:+UseG1GC because it instantiates
>>> G1SampleClass which has G1 specific WhiteBox methods.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Michail

Re: 10 RFR(xs): 8177551: [TESTBUG] TestHumongousClassLoader.java can fail on systems with non-g1 collector.

Stefan Johansson
Thanks Dima,

On 2017-03-27 16:02, Dmitry Fazunenko wrote:

> Hi Stefan,
>
> On 27.03.2017 16:42, Stefan Johansson wrote:
>> Looks good.
>>
>> Just a question, the @requires vm.gc.G1 will not prevent the test
>> from running on platforms not supporting it? It will just prevent it
>> running if another collector in specified?
> No, if G1 is not supported on a platform, '@requires vm.gc.G1' will
> protect from running.
Thanks for the clarification, this was what I expected. I read the bug
as this happened on a system not supporting G1, but I now understand
when it can happen.

Cheers,
Stefan

> For more details, please look at 'test/jtreg-ext/requires/VMProps.java'
>
> For the record: sun.hotspot.gc.GC enum could be used from tests to
> retrieve the list of available GC and currently selected one.
>
> Thanks,
> Dima
>

>> Thanks,
>> Stefan
>>
>> On 2017-03-27 15:30, Dmitry Fazunenko wrote:
>>> Michail,
>>>
>>> your fix looks good.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Dima

Re: 10 RFR(xs): 8177551: [TESTBUG] TestHumongousClassLoader.java can fail on systems with non-g1 collector.

Michail Chernov
Thomas, Stefan, Dima, thanks for reviewing this!

Michail.