[10] XXS 8187985 : Broken certificate number in debug output

[10] XXS 8187985 : Broken certificate number in debug output

Ivan Gerasimov
Hello!

It was noticed that the keytool may output a wrong certificate number in
debug output.

In fact there are two minor issues:
- In the line 2749, the cert number can be less than the actual number
(this is different from what we used to have prior the fix for
JDK-6953295 which replaced a for-loop with a for-each-loop.
- In the line 2754, the function oneInMany() expects a number N from the
range 0 <= X < MAX_X.  Currently, the argument is in the range 0 < X <=
MAX_X.

Would you please help review a simple fix that corrects both issues?

BUGURL: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8187985
WEBREV: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~igerasim/8187985/00/webrev/

Thanks in advance!

--
With kind regards,
Ivan Gerasimov

Re: [10] XXS 8187985 : Broken certificate number in debug output

Weijun Wang
Hi Ivan

The change looks fine.

Do you want to add a noreg-trivial or noreg-hard label?

Thanks
Max

> On Dec 3, 2017, at 3:03 PM, Ivan Gerasimov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello!
>
> It was noticed that the keytool may output a wrong certificate number in debug output.
>
> In fact there are two minor issues:
> - In the line 2749, the cert number can be less than the actual number (this is different from what we used to have prior the fix for JDK-6953295 which replaced a for-loop with a for-each-loop.
> - In the line 2754, the function oneInMany() expects a number N from the range 0 <= X < MAX_X.  Currently, the argument is in the range 0 < X <= MAX_X.
>
> Would you please help review a simple fix that corrects both issues?
>
> BUGURL: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8187985
> WEBREV: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~igerasim/8187985/00/webrev/
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> --
> With kind regards,
> Ivan Gerasimov

Re: [10] XXS 8187985 : Broken certificate number in debug output

Ivan Gerasimov
Thank you Max!

Yes, I've just added noreg-trivial.

With kind regards,