(11) RFR: 8194071: [Testbug] Update VMDeprecatedOptions test for obsolete/expired options

(11) RFR: 8194071: [Testbug] Update VMDeprecatedOptions test for obsolete/expired options

webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dholmes/8194071/webrev/

In preparation for bumping the JDK version to 11 we remove the
deprecated flags that will become obsolete or expired in JDK 11, so that
the test will pass.

Each flag has an open issue that deals with its actual
obsoletion/expiration, and which will hopefully be dealt with very
promptly so that the VM warnings (when we switch to version 11) will
disappear.

Re: (11) RFR: 8194071: [Testbug] Update VMDeprecatedOptions test for obsolete/expired options

harold seigel
Hi David,

The fix looks good and can be pushed based on trivial rule.

Thanks, Harold

On 12/22/2017 3:07 AM, David Holmes wrote:

> webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dholmes/8194071/webrev/
>
> In preparation for bumping the JDK version to 11 we remove the
> deprecated flags that will become obsolete or expired in JDK 11, so
> that the test will pass.
>
> Each flag has an open issue that deals with its actual
> obsoletion/expiration, and which will hopefully be dealt with very
> promptly so that the VM warnings (when we switch to version 11) will
> disappear.

Re: (11) RFR: 8194071: [Testbug] Update VMDeprecatedOptions test for obsolete/expired options

David Holmes
Thanks Harold!

BTW should have explicitly noted this is getting pushed to jdk/jdk as
that is where the version update will happen first. But I expect to pull
down from jdk to hs sometime over the break anyway.

David