[11u] RFR: 8254631: Better support ALPN byte wire values in SunJSSE

[11u] RFR: 8254631: Better support ALPN byte wire values in SunJSSE

Doerr, Martin

Hi,

JDK-8254631 is backported to 11.0.12-oracle. I'd like to backport it for parity.

It applies cleanly, but the javadoc parts don’t compile with 11u. They are not compatible with 11u and are documented to be dropped in the CSR (linked below).

As also documented in the CSR, the old behavior can get restored by specifying the property: jdk.tls.alpnCharset=UTF-8

Bug:

Original change:

https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/commit/fe5cccc1

11u CSR:

11u backport:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mdoerr/8254631_ALPN_11u/webrev.00/

Please review.

Best regards,

Martin

RE: [11u] RFR: 8254631: Better support ALPN byte wire values in SunJSSE

Langer, Christoph

Hi Martin,

looks good to me.

Best regards

Christoph

RE: [11u] RFR: 8254631: Better support ALPN byte wire values in SunJSSE

Doerr, Martin

Hi Christoph,

thanks for the review and the approval!

Best regards,