8178107: Compiler crashes with "assert(get_instanceKlass()->is_loaded()) failed: must be at least loaded"

8178107: Compiler crashes with "assert(get_instanceKlass()->is_loaded()) failed: must be at least loaded"

harold seigel
Hi,

Please review this small JDK-10 change to prevent
LoaderConstraintTable::find_constrained_klass() from returning an
unloaded class.

Open Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~hseigel/bug_8178107/webrev/

JBS Bug: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8178107

The change was tested with RBT, the JCK lang and VM tests, the JTreg
hotspot, java/io, java/lang, java/util, sun/security, and other JTReg
tests, the co-located NSK tests, and with JPRT.

Thanks, Harold

Re: 8178107: Compiler crashes with "assert(get_instanceKlass()->is_loaded()) failed: must be at least loaded"

coleen.phillimore

This is correct.  I'd removed the one character (!) with my change for
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8155672.
Sorry for the breakage and thank you for all the efforts tracking this down.
This is a trivially correct fix so I think you should check it in before
more tests fail intermittently.

thanks!
Coleen

On 7/25/17 1:19 PM, harold seigel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please review this small JDK-10 change to prevent
> LoaderConstraintTable::find_constrained_klass() from returning an
> unloaded class.
>
> Open Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~hseigel/bug_8178107/webrev/
>
> JBS Bug: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8178107
>
> The change was tested with RBT, the JCK lang and VM tests, the JTreg
> hotspot, java/io, java/lang, java/util, sun/security, and other JTReg
> tests, the co-located NSK tests, and with JPRT.
>
> Thanks, Harold

Re: 8178107: Compiler crashes with "assert(get_instanceKlass()->is_loaded()) failed: must be at least loaded"

harold seigel
Thanks Coleen!

Harold

On 7/25/2017 1:28 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> This is correct.  I'd removed the one character (!) with my change for
> https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8155672.
> Sorry for the breakage and thank you for all the efforts tracking this
> down.
> This is a trivially correct fix so I think you should check it in
> before more tests fail intermittently.
>
> thanks!
> Coleen
>
> On 7/25/17 1:19 PM, harold seigel wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please review this small JDK-10 change to prevent
>> LoaderConstraintTable::find_constrained_klass() from returning an
>> unloaded class.
>>
>> Open Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~hseigel/bug_8178107/webrev/
>>
>> JBS Bug: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8178107
>>
>> The change was tested with RBT, the JCK lang and VM tests, the JTreg
>> hotspot, java/io, java/lang, java/util, sun/security, and other JTReg
>> tests, the co-located NSK tests, and with JPRT.
>>
>> Thanks, Harold

Re: 8178107: Compiler crashes with "assert(get_instanceKlass()->is_loaded()) failed: must be at least loaded"

Daniel D. Daugherty
On 7/25/17 11:19 AM, harold seigel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please review this small JDK-10 change to prevent
> LoaderConstraintTable::find_constrained_klass() from returning an
> unloaded class.
>
> Open Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~hseigel/bug_8178107/webrev/

src/share/vm/classfile/loaderConstraints.cpp
     No comments.

Thumbs up!

This change qualifies for the HotSpot Trivial Change rule.

Dan

> JBS Bug: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8178107
>
> The change was tested with RBT, the JCK lang and VM tests, the JTreg
> hotspot, java/io, java/lang, java/util, sun/security, and other JTReg
> tests, the co-located NSK tests, and with JPRT.
>
> Thanks, Harold

Re: 8178107: Compiler crashes with "assert(get_instanceKlass()->is_loaded()) failed: must be at least loaded"

harold seigel
Thanks Dan!

Harold