[8u] RFR: 8185164: GetOwnedMonitorInfo() returns incorrect owned monitor

[8u] RFR: 8185164: GetOwnedMonitorInfo() returns incorrect owned monitor

Yasumasa Suenaga-4
Hi all,

I want to backport JDK-8185164 change to 8u because this issue will affect JVMTI users who want to check owned monitors in MonitorContendedEnter JVMTI event.
Could you review it?

   http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ysuenaga/JDK-8185164/jdk8u/webrev.00/

I could not backport testcase from jdk10 hs because the facility of native test is not provided in 8u.
Of course I checked this change works fine on jdk8u-dev with my testcase.

   http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ysuenaga/JDK-8185164/reproducer.tar.gz

Thanks,

Yasumasa

Re: [8u] RFR: 8185164: GetOwnedMonitorInfo() returns incorrect owned monitor

Daniel D. Daugherty
On 8/11/17 2:04 AM, Yasumasa Suenaga wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to backport JDK-8185164 change to 8u because this issue will
> affect JVMTI users who want to check owned monitors in
> MonitorContendedEnter JVMTI event.
> Could you review it?
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ysuenaga/JDK-8185164/jdk8u/webrev.00/

src/share/vm/runtime/objectMonitor.cpp