[8u] RFR(S) 8059036: Implement Diagnostic Commands for heap and finalizerinfo

[8u] RFR(S) 8059036: Implement Diagnostic Commands for heap and finalizerinfo

david buck
Hi!

May I please get a review of the following very simple backport of this
serviceability improvement to JDK 8?

The two hotspot jtreg test cases needed to be modified slightly because
of the lack of dcmd-specific test support in JDK 8's HS code base. The
only non-test difference from the JDK 9 changeset is modifying an
include directive (objArrayOop.inline.hpp -> objArrayOop.hpp) to
compensate for JDK-8072911.

bug report:

JDK 9 changesets:
http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/jdk9/hotspot/rev/56a527afc34a
http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/jdk9/jdk/rev/9b17d0a2720f

JDK 9 review thread:
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2015-May/033169.html
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2015-June/033835.html

JDK 8 backport webrevs for review:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dbuck/8059036.0_jdk8/

Cheers,
-Buck

Re: [8u] RFR(S) 8059036: Implement Diagnostic Commands for heap and finalizerinfo

david buck
Hi!

Any love out there for my review request?

Cheers,
-Buck

On 2017/12/15 14:42, David Buck wrote:

> Hi!
>
> May I please get a review of the following very simple backport of this
> serviceability improvement to JDK 8?
>
> The two hotspot jtreg test cases needed to be modified slightly because
> of the lack of dcmd-specific test support in JDK 8's HS code base. The
> only non-test difference from the JDK 9 changeset is modifying an
> include directive (objArrayOop.inline.hpp -> objArrayOop.hpp) to
> compensate for JDK-8072911.
>
> bug report:
>
> JDK 9 changesets:
> http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/jdk9/hotspot/rev/56a527afc34a
> http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/jdk9/jdk/rev/9b17d0a2720f
>
> JDK 9 review thread:
> http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2015-May/033169.html
> http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2015-June/033835.html
>
> JDK 8 backport webrevs for review:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dbuck/8059036.0_jdk8/
>
> Cheers,
> -Buck

Re: [8u] RFR(S) 8059036: Implement Diagnostic Commands for heap and finalizerinfo

Mandy Chung

:

JDK 8 backport webrevs for review:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dbuck/8059036.0_jdk8/