[8u] RFR for backport of JDK-8169931: 8k class metaspace chunks misallocated from 4k chunk freelist

[8u] RFR for backport of JDK-8169931: 8k class metaspace chunks misallocated from 4k chunk freelist

Muthusamy Chinnathambi
Hi,

Please review the backport of bug: "JDK-8169931: 8k class metaspace chunks misallocated from 4k chunk freelist" to jdk8u-dev

Please note that this is not a clean backport due to new entries in jni.cpp.

Webrev:  http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mchinnathamb/JDK-8169931/webrev.01/
jdk9 bug:  https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8169931
Original patch pushed to jdk9:  http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/hs/hotspot/rev/8d26435a4c69

Test:  Had run jtreg, jprt hotspot testset and with -XX:+ExecuteInternalVMTests.

Regards,
Muthusamy C

RE: [8u] RFR for backport of JDK-8169931: 8k class metaspace chunks misallocated from 4k chunk freelist

Muthusamy Chinnathambi
Ping..

May I please get a review for this?

Regards,
Muthusamy C

Regards,
Muthusamy C

Re: [8u] RFR for backport of JDK-8169931: 8k class metaspace chunks misallocated from 4k chunk freelist

David Holmes
Hi Muthusamy,

On 2/01/2018 4:08 PM, Muthusamy Chinnathambi wrote:

> Ping..
>
> May I please get a review for this?
>
> Regards,
> Muthusamy C

The functional backport appears to be a correct copy of the JDK 9 fix.

The use of the test code in jni.cpp also appears correct.

Copyright dates will now need to be updated to 2018.

> Test:  Had run jtreg, jprt hotspot testset and with -XX:+ExecuteInternalVMTests.
>
> Regards,
> Muthusamy C

RE: [8u] RFR for backport of JDK-8169931: 8k class metaspace chunks misallocated from 4k chunk freelist

Muthusamy Chinnathambi
Hi David,

Thanks for the review.

> Copyright dates will now need to be updated to 2018.
Yes. Please find the updated webrev link below.
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mchinnathamb/JDK-8169931/webrev.02/

Regards,
Muthusamy C

On 2/01/2018 4:08 PM, Muthusamy Chinnathambi wrote:

> Ping..
>
> May I please get a review for this?
>
> Regards,
> Muthusamy C

KEVIN WALLS
Hi Muthu,

Yes looks good to me, let me know if you need help with the push,

Thanks
Kevin

On 02/01/2018 11:04, Muthusamy Chinnathambi wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Thanks for the review.
>
>> Copyright dates will now need to be updated to 2018.
> Yes. Please find the updated webrev link below.
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mchinnathamb/JDK-8169931/webrev.02/
>
> Regards,
> Muthusamy C

Hi Kevin,

> Yes looks good to me, let me know if you need help with the push,
Thanks.
Yes, it would be great if you could help with the push.

Regards,
Muthusamy C