[8u-dev] RFR JDK-8171194: Exception "Duplicate field name&signature in class file" should report the name and signature of the field

[8u-dev] RFR JDK-8171194: Exception "Duplicate field name&signature in class file" should report the name and signature of the field

Shafi Ahmad
Hi,

Please review the backport of "JDK-8171194: Exception "Duplicate field name&signature in class file" should report the name and signature of the field" to jdk8u-dev.
The backport is not clean even though the changes are very small.

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~shshahma/8176150/webrev.00/
Jdk10 bug: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8171194
Jdk10 review: http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/hotspot-dev/2017-February/025875.html

Testing: jprt and jtreg test.

Regards,
Shafi

Re: [8u-dev] RFR JDK-8171194: Exception "Duplicate field name&signature in class file" should report the name and signature of the field

David Holmes
Hi Shafi,

On 9/03/2017 3:39 PM, Shafi Ahmad wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please review the backport of "JDK-8171194: Exception "Duplicate field name&signature in class file" should report the name and signature of the field" to jdk8u-dev.
> The backport is not clean even though the changes are very small.
>
> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~shshahma/8176150/webrev.00/

The code changes look fine to me.

But note that as this is an enhancement you will need to get an
enhancement approval for it to into 8u, as well as the actual push approval:

http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk8u/enhancement-template.html

> Jdk10 bug: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8171194
> Jdk10 review: http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/hotspot-dev/2017-February/025875.html
>
> Testing: jprt and jtreg test.
>

> Regards,
> Shafi

RE: [8u-dev] RFR JDK-8171194: Exception "Duplicate field name&signature in class file" should report the name and signature of the field

Shafi Ahmad
Hi David,

Thank you for the review and letting me know about the enhancement approval process.

Regards,
Shafi

Hi All,

Let me know if I have to remove the comment completely.

Regards,
Shafi

Please ignore my previous mail.
Sorry, by mistake I replied to this mail thread.

Regards,
Shafi

May I get the second review for this simple backport.

Regards,
Shafi

serguei.spitsyn@oracle.com
Hi Shafi,