[8u-dev] RFR (XS): 8178047: Aliasing problem with raw memory accesses

[8u-dev] RFR (XS): 8178047: Aliasing problem with raw memory accesses

david buck
Hi!

May I please get a quick review of this almost completely trivial
backport to 8u-dev?

bug report:

JDK 9 push:
http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/jdk9/hotspot/rev/b7690ac63aa5

proposed JDK 8 change:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dbuck/8178047_jdk8_ver01/

The JDK 9 change would have worked as-is except for the following
package name change:

jdk.internal.misc.Unsafe -> sun.misc.Unsafe

My backport also removed the following annotation from the testcase:

===
@modules java.base/jdk.internal.misc:+open
===

I have confirmed effectiveness of fix with testcase. All standard JPRT
tests (default and hostspot testsets) pass with this change.

Cheers,
-Buck

Re: [8u-dev] RFR (XS): 8178047: Aliasing problem with raw memory accesses

Tobias Hartmann-2
Hi David,

looks good!

Best regards,
Tobias

On 21.07.2017 10:16, David Buck wrote:

> Hi!
>
> May I please get a quick review of this almost completely trivial backport to 8u-dev?
>
> bug report:
>
> JDK 9 push:
> http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/jdk9/hotspot/rev/b7690ac63aa5
>
> proposed JDK 8 change:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dbuck/8178047_jdk8_ver01/
>
> The JDK 9 change would have worked as-is except for the following package name change:
>
> jdk.internal.misc.Unsafe -> sun.misc.Unsafe
>
> My backport also removed the following annotation from the testcase:
>
> ===
> @modules java.base/jdk.internal.misc:+open
> ===
>
> I have confirmed effectiveness of fix with testcase. All standard JPRT tests (default and hostspot testsets) pass with this change.
>
> Cheers,
> -Buck

Re: [8u-dev] RFR (XS): 8178047: Aliasing problem with raw memory accesses

Vladimir Kozlov
On 7/21/17 1:28 AM, Tobias Hartmann wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> looks good!

+1

Thanks,