Quantcast

(9) RFR: 8165358: vmassert_status is not debug-only

(9) RFR: 8165358: vmassert_status is not debug-only

webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dholmes/8165358/webrev/

This slipped under the radar and got deferred to JDK 10. But Chris just
rediscovered it and I've reclassified as a P2 that really should be fixed.

The fix is trivial and perfectly safe.

I'll need to push this through the RDP2 approval process before actually
pushing, but Reviews would be appreciated asap please.

Re: (9) RFR: 8165358: vmassert_status is not debug-only

Dmitry Samersoff
David,

Looks good to me.

-Dmitry

On 2017-03-18 10:10, David Holmes wrote:

> webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dholmes/8165358/webrev/
>
> This slipped under the radar and got deferred to JDK 10. But Chris just
> rediscovered it and I've reclassified as a P2 that really should be fixed.
>
> The fix is trivial and perfectly safe.
>
> I'll need to push this through the RDP2 approval process before actually
> pushing, but Reviews would be appreciated asap please.

Dmitry Samersoff
Oracle Java development team, Saint Petersburg, Russia
* I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the sources.

Re: (9) RFR: 8165358: vmassert_status is not debug-only

Thomas Stüfe-2
Hi David, this looks fine.

..Thomas

On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 8:10 AM, David Holmes <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dholmes/8165358/webrev/
>
> This slipped under the radar and got deferred to JDK 10. But Chris just
> rediscovered it and I've reclassified as a P2 that really should be fixed.
>
> The fix is trivial and perfectly safe.
>
> I'll need to push this through the RDP2 approval process before actually
> pushing, but Reviews would be appreciated asap please.

Re: (9) RFR: 8165358: vmassert_status is not debug-only

Thanks Dmitry!

David

On 18/03/2017 5:49 PM, Dmitry Samersoff wrote:

> David,
>
> Looks good to me.
>
> -Dmitry
>
> On 2017-03-18 10:10, David Holmes wrote:
>> webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dholmes/8165358/webrev/
>>
>> This slipped under the radar and got deferred to JDK 10. But Chris just
>> rediscovered it and I've reclassified as a P2 that really should be fixed.
>>
>> The fix is trivial and perfectly safe.
>>
>> I'll need to push this through the RDP2 approval process before actually
>> pushing, but Reviews would be appreciated asap please.

Re: (9) RFR: 8165358: vmassert_status is not debug-only

Thanks Thomas!

David

On 18/03/2017 5:51 PM, Thomas Stüfe wrote:

> Hi David, this looks fine.
>
> ..Thomas
>
> On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 8:10 AM, David Holmes <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Bug: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8165358
>     <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8165358>
>     webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dholmes/8165358/webrev/
>     <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dholmes/8165358/webrev/>
>
>     This slipped under the radar and got deferred to JDK 10. But Chris
>     just rediscovered it and I've reclassified as a P2 that really
>     should be fixed.
>
>     The fix is trivial and perfectly safe.
>
>     I'll need to push this through the RDP2 approval process before
>     actually pushing, but Reviews would be appreciated asap please.
>
>     Thanks,
>     David

Re: (9) RFR: 8165358: vmassert_status is not debug-only

Zhengyu Gu-2
Look good to me.

-Zhengyu

On 03/18/2017 03:10 AM, David Holmes wrote:

> webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dholmes/8165358/webrev/
>
> This slipped under the radar and got deferred to JDK 10. But Chris just
> rediscovered it and I've reclassified as a P2 that really should be fixed.
>
> The fix is trivial and perfectly safe.
>
> I'll need to push this through the RDP2 approval process before actually
> pushing, but Reviews would be appreciated asap please.

Re: (9) RFR: 8165358: vmassert_status is not debug-only

David Holmes
Thanks Zhengyu!

David

On 18/03/2017 10:31 PM, Zhengyu Gu wrote:

> Look good to me.
>
> -Zhengyu
>
> On 03/18/2017 03:10 AM, David Holmes wrote:
>> webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dholmes/8165358/webrev/
>>
>> This slipped under the radar and got deferred to JDK 10. But Chris just
>> rediscovered it and I've reclassified as a P2 that really should be
>> fixed.
>>
>> The fix is trivial and perfectly safe.
>>
>> I'll need to push this through the RDP2 approval process before actually
>> pushing, but Reviews would be appreciated asap please.

Re: (9) RFR: 8165358: vmassert_status is not debug-only

Chris Plummer
Looks good. I tried it with the test that was asserting. I no longer see
the assert with the product build and do with the debug build.

Thanks for fixing!

Chris

On 3/18/17 12:10 AM, David Holmes wrote:

> webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dholmes/8165358/webrev/
>
> This slipped under the radar and got deferred to JDK 10. But Chris
> just rediscovered it and I've reclassified as a P2 that really should
> be fixed.
>
> The fix is trivial and perfectly safe.
>
> I'll need to push this through the RDP2 approval process before
> actually pushing, but Reviews would be appreciated asap please.

Re: (9) RFR: 8165358: vmassert_status is not debug-only

David Holmes
Thanks for the review Chris.

David