Quantcast

CFV: New Serviceability Group Lead: Serguei Spitsyn

CFV: New Serviceability Group Lead: Serguei Spitsyn

Daniel D. Daugherty
I hereby nominate Serguei Spitsyn to Serviceability Group Lead [1].

Serguei is a Reviewer in the jdk10 and jdk9 projects, a Committer in
the jdk8u project, a member of the OpenJDK Serviceability Group, and
has so far committed > 70 changesets spread across multiple repos
in JDK9 alone.

Serguei is a longstanding member of the Hotspot Serviceability team,
beginning in 2003 as a member of the original Serviceability team.
Serguei's contributions to Hotspot are numerous over the years,
including implementing features like JVM/TI ForceEarlyReturn, and bug
fixes in JDI, JDWP, JVM/TI and java.util.logging API. He has also
implemented Solaris pstack utility and dtrace jstack action support:
i.e., libjvm_db.so and jhelper.d, and fixed a number of Hotspot
non-JVM/TI bugs (e.g., improved time stamps (thread CPU time) on
Linux and Solaris). One of Serguei's areas of expertise is class
redefinition for which he is a valuable reviewer. He is currently
working on Jigsaw native (JVM/TI) and java (java.lang.instrument)
agents.

Votes are due by April 18, 2017 18:00 PDT.

Only current Members of the Serviceability Group [2] are eligible
to vote on this nomination.  Votes must be cast in the open by
replying to this mailing list.

For Simple Majority voting instructions, see [3].

Thanks,
Daniel Daugherty

[1]: http://openjdk.java.net/bylaws#group-lead
[2]: http://openjdk.java.net/census#serviceability
[3]: http://openjdk.java.net/groups#lead-vote

Re: CFV: New Serviceability Group Lead: Serguei Spitsyn

Daniel D. Daugherty
Vote: yes

Dan

On 4/4/17 7:46 AM, Daniel D. Daugherty wrote:

> I hereby nominate Serguei Spitsyn to Serviceability Group Lead [1].
>
> Serguei is a Reviewer in the jdk10 and jdk9 projects, a Committer in
> the jdk8u project, a member of the OpenJDK Serviceability Group, and
> has so far committed > 70 changesets spread across multiple repos
> in JDK9 alone.
>
> Serguei is a longstanding member of the Hotspot Serviceability team,
> beginning in 2003 as a member of the original Serviceability team.
> Serguei's contributions to Hotspot are numerous over the years,
> including implementing features like JVM/TI ForceEarlyReturn, and bug
> fixes in JDI, JDWP, JVM/TI and java.util.logging API. He has also
> implemented Solaris pstack utility and dtrace jstack action support:
> i.e., libjvm_db.so and jhelper.d, and fixed a number of Hotspot
> non-JVM/TI bugs (e.g., improved time stamps (thread CPU time) on
> Linux and Solaris). One of Serguei's areas of expertise is class
> redefinition for which he is a valuable reviewer. He is currently
> working on Jigsaw native (JVM/TI) and java (java.lang.instrument)
> agents.
>
> Votes are due by April 18, 2017 18:00 PDT.
>
> Only current Members of the Serviceability Group [2] are eligible
> to vote on this nomination.  Votes must be cast in the open by
> replying to this mailing list.
>
> For Simple Majority voting instructions, see [3].
>
> Thanks,
> Daniel Daugherty
>
> [1]: http://openjdk.java.net/bylaws#group-lead
> [2]: http://openjdk.java.net/census#serviceability
> [3]: http://openjdk.java.net/groups#lead-vote

Re: CFV: New Serviceability Group Lead: Serguei Spitsyn

Tim Bell
Vote: yes

Tim

> I hereby nominate Serguei Spitsyn to Serviceability Group Lead

> I hereby nominate Serguei Spitsyn to Serviceability Group Lead

> I hereby nominate Serguei Spitsyn to Serviceability Group Lead

Re: CFV: New Serviceability Group Lead: Serguei Spitsyn

Tomas Hurka-2
Vote: yes

--
Tomas Hurka   <[hidden email]>