CFV: Project Amber

Brian Goetz-2
I hereby propose the creation of Project Amber with myself as the Lead
and the Compiler group as the sponsoring group.

In accordance with the OpenJDK guidelines [1], this project will provide
a venue to explore and incubate smaller, productivity-oriented Java
language features that have been accepted as candidate JEPs under the
OpenJDK JEP process [2], including:

  - JEP 286 (Local Variable Type Inference) [3]
  - JEP 301 (Enhanced Enums) [4]
  - JEP 302 (Lambda Leftovers) [5]

as well as future suitable JEPs that are adopted by the project.

The initial Reviewers and Committers will be:

* Brian Goetz
* John Rose
* Paul Sandoz
* Maurizio Cimadamore
* Dan Smith
* Gavin Bierman
* Vicente Romero
* Alex Buckley
* Jon Gibbons
* Joe Darcy
* Remi Forax
* Mark Reinhold

The project will host at least the following mailing list:

* amber-dev for development discussions and user feedback
* amber-spec-experts for design and specification discussions

The initial source of this project will be based on a clone of a JDK 10
repository.  Changes from the JDK 10 parent will be synced into Amber
periodically.  Similar to Projects Lambda and Valhalla, we will follow a
"commit first, review later" policy, as code will not flow directly from
the Amber repositories into the JDK repositories, but instead will be
done by a "curated merge" where select changes are extracted into new
changesets for incorporation into JDK repositories when they are ready
for inclusion.

Votes are due by Feb 8, 2017.

Only current OpenJDK Members [6] are eligible to vote on this
motion.  Votes must be cast in the open on the discuss list.
Replying to this message is sufficient if your mail program
honors the Reply-To header.

For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [7].

[1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project
[2] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/1
[3] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/286
[4] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/301
[5] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/302
[6] http://openjdk.java.net/census#members
[7] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project-vote

Re: CFV: Project Amber

Phil Race
Vote: yes

-phil.

Re: CFV: Project Amber

roger riggs
Vote: Yes

On 1/25/2017 10:50 AM, Brian Goetz wrote:
> I hereby propose the creation of Project Amber with myself as the Lead
> and the Compiler group as the sponsoring group.

Re: CFV: Project Amber

joe darcy
Vote: yes.

-Joe

Re: CFV: Project Amber

Volker Simonis
Vote: yes

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 4:50 PM, Brian Goetz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I hereby propose the creation of Project Amber with myself as the Lead and
> the Compiler group as the sponsoring group.
>
> In accordance with the OpenJDK guidelines [1], this project will provide a
> venue to explore and incubate smaller, productivity-oriented Java language
> features that have been accepted as candidate JEPs under the OpenJDK JEP
> process [2], including:
>
>  - JEP 286 (Local Variable Type Inference) [3]
>  - JEP 301 (Enhanced Enums) [4]
>  - JEP 302 (Lambda Leftovers) [5]
>
> as well as future suitable JEPs that are adopted by the project.
>
> The initial Reviewers and Committers will be:
>
> * Brian Goetz
> * John Rose
> * Paul Sandoz
> * Maurizio Cimadamore
> * Dan Smith
> * Gavin Bierman
> * Vicente Romero
> * Alex Buckley
> * Jon Gibbons
> * Joe Darcy
> * Remi Forax
> * Mark Reinhold
>

> The project will host at least the following mailing list:
>
> * amber-dev for development discussions and user feedback
> * amber-spec-experts for design and specification discussions
>
> The initial source of this project will be based on a clone of a JDK 10
> repository.  Changes from the JDK 10 parent will be synced into Amber
> periodically.  Similar to Projects Lambda and Valhalla, we will follow a
> "commit first, review later" policy, as code will not flow directly from the
> Amber repositories into the JDK repositories, but instead will be done by a
> "curated merge" where select changes are extracted into new changesets for
> incorporation into JDK repositories when they are ready for inclusion.
>
> Votes are due by Feb 8, 2017.
>
> Only current OpenJDK Members [6] are eligible to vote on this
> motion.  Votes must be cast in the open on the discuss list.
> Replying to this message is sufficient if your mail program
> honors the Reply-To header.
>
> For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [7].
>

> [1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project
> [2] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/1
> [3] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/286
> [4] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/301
> [5] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/302
> [6] http://openjdk.java.net/census#members
> [7] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project-vote

Re: CFV: Project Amber

Seán Coffey
Vote: yes

Regards,
Sean.

On 25/01/17 15:50, Brian Goetz wrote:

> I hereby propose the creation of Project Amber with myself as the Lead
> and the Compiler group as the sponsoring group.
>
> In accordance with the OpenJDK guidelines [1], this project will
> provide a venue to explore and incubate smaller, productivity-oriented
> Java language features that have been accepted as candidate JEPs under
> the OpenJDK JEP process [2], including:
>
>  - JEP 286 (Local Variable Type Inference) [3]
>  - JEP 301 (Enhanced Enums) [4]
>  - JEP 302 (Lambda Leftovers) [5]
>
> as well as future suitable JEPs that are adopted by the project.
>
> The initial Reviewers and Committers will be:
>
> * Brian Goetz
> * John Rose
> * Paul Sandoz
> * Maurizio Cimadamore
> * Dan Smith
> * Gavin Bierman
> * Vicente Romero
> * Alex Buckley
> * Jon Gibbons
> * Joe Darcy
> * Remi Forax
> * Mark Reinhold
>

> The project will host at least the following mailing list:
>
> * amber-dev for development discussions and user feedback
> * amber-spec-experts for design and specification discussions
>
> The initial source of this project will be based on a clone of a JDK 10
> repository.  Changes from the JDK 10 parent will be synced into Amber
> periodically.  Similar to Projects Lambda and Valhalla, we will follow
> a "commit first, review later" policy, as code will not flow directly
> from the Amber repositories into the JDK repositories, but instead
> will be done by a "curated merge" where select changes are extracted
> into new changesets for incorporation into JDK repositories when they
> are ready for inclusion.
>
> Votes are due by Feb 8, 2017.
>
> Only current OpenJDK Members [6] are eligible to vote on this
> motion.  Votes must be cast in the open on the discuss list.
> Replying to this message is sufficient if your mail program
> honors the Reply-To header.
>
> For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [7].
>

> [1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project
> [2] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/1
> [3] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/286
> [4] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/301
> [5] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/302
> [6] http://openjdk.java.net/census#members
> [7] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project-vote

Re: CFV: Project Amber

Alan Bateman
Vote: yes

Re: CFV: Project Amber

mark.reinhold
Vote: yes

- Mark

Re: CFV: Project Amber

Peter Lawrey-3
Vote: yes!

On 25 January 2017 at 15:50, Brian Goetz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I hereby propose the creation of Project Amber with myself as the Lead and
> the Compiler group as the sponsoring group.
>
> In accordance with the OpenJDK guidelines [1], this project will provide a
> venue to explore and incubate smaller, productivity-oriented Java language
> features that have been accepted as candidate JEPs under the OpenJDK JEP
> process [2], including:
>
>  - JEP 286 (Local Variable Type Inference) [3]
>  - JEP 301 (Enhanced Enums) [4]
>  - JEP 302 (Lambda Leftovers) [5]
>
> as well as future suitable JEPs that are adopted by the project.
>
> The initial Reviewers and Committers will be:
>
> * Brian Goetz
> * John Rose
> * Paul Sandoz
> * Maurizio Cimadamore
> * Dan Smith
> * Gavin Bierman
> * Vicente Romero
> * Alex Buckley
> * Jon Gibbons
> * Joe Darcy
> * Remi Forax
> * Mark Reinhold
>

> The project will host at least the following mailing list:
>
> * amber-dev for development discussions and user feedback
> * amber-spec-experts for design and specification discussions
>
> The initial source of this project will be based on a clone of a JDK 10
> repository.  Changes from the JDK 10 parent will be synced into Amber
> periodically.  Similar to Projects Lambda and Valhalla, we will follow a
> "commit first, review later" policy, as code will not flow directly from
> the Amber repositories into the JDK repositories, but instead will be done
> by a "curated merge" where select changes are extracted into new changesets
> for incorporation into JDK repositories when they are ready for inclusion.
>
> Votes are due by Feb 8, 2017.
>
> Only current OpenJDK Members [6] are eligible to vote on this
> motion.  Votes must be cast in the open on the discuss list.
> Replying to this message is sufficient if your mail program
> honors the Reply-To header.
>
> For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [7].
>

> [1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project
> [2] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/1
> [3] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/286
> [4] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/301
> [5] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/302
> [6] http://openjdk.java.net/census#members
> [7] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project-vote

Re: CFV: Project Amber

Vladimir Kozlov
Vote: yes

On 1/25/17 8:36 AM, Brian Goetz wrote:

> [ Sending to [hidden email]; had previously been sent to [hidden email], and some votes have already been registered there ]
>
> I hereby propose the creation of Project Amber with myself as the Lead and the Compiler group as the sponsoring group.
>
> In accordance with the OpenJDK guidelines [1], this project will provide a venue to explore and incubate smaller, productivity-oriented Java language features that have been accepted as candidate JEPs
> under the OpenJDK JEP process [2], including:
>
>   - JEP 286 (Local Variable Type Inference) [3]
>   - JEP 301 (Enhanced Enums) [4]
>   - JEP 302 (Lambda Leftovers) [5]
>
> as well as future suitable JEPs that are adopted by the project.
>
> The initial Reviewers and Committers will be:
>
> * Brian Goetz
> * John Rose
> * Paul Sandoz
> * Maurizio Cimadamore
> * Dan Smith
> * Gavin Bierman
> * Vicente Romero
> * Alex Buckley
> * Jon Gibbons
> * Joe Darcy
> * Remi Forax
> * Mark Reinhold
>

> The project will host at least the following mailing list:
>
> * amber-dev for development discussions and user feedback
> * amber-spec-experts for design and specification discussions
>
> The initial source of this project will be based on a clone of a JDK 10
> repository.  Changes from the JDK 10 parent will be synced into Amber periodically.  Similar to Projects Lambda and Valhalla, we will follow a "commit first, review later" policy, as code will not
> flow directly from the Amber repositories into the JDK repositories, but instead will be done by a "curated merge" where select changes are extracted into new changesets for incorporation into JDK
> repositories when they are ready for inclusion.
>
> Votes are due by Feb 8, 2017.
>
> Only current OpenJDK Members [6] are eligible to vote on this
> motion.  Votes must be cast in the open on the discuss list.
> Replying to this message is sufficient if your mail program
> honors the Reply-To header.
>
> For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [7].
>

> [1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project
> [2] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/1
> [3] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/286
> [4] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/301
> [5] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/302
> [6] http://openjdk.java.net/census#members
> [7] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project-vote

Re: CFV: Project Amber

Mandy Chung
Vote: yes

Mandy

Re: CFV: Project Amber

Peter B. Kessler-2
Vote: yes

                        ... peter

On 01/25/17 07:50 AM, Brian Goetz wrote:
> I hereby propose the creation of Project Amber with myself as the Lead and the Compiler group as the sponsoring group.

Re: CFV: Project Amber

John Rose-3
Vote: yes

Re: CFV: Project Amber

Karen Kinnear
Vote: yes

thanks,
Karen

Re: CFV: Project Amber

Vicente Romero-2
vote: yes

Vicente

On 01/25/2017 11:36 AM, Brian Goetz wrote:

> [ Sending to [hidden email]; had previously been sent to
> [hidden email], and some votes have already been registered
> there ]
>
> I hereby propose the creation of Project Amber with myself as the Lead
> and the Compiler group as the sponsoring group.
>
> In accordance with the OpenJDK guidelines [1], this project will
> provide a venue to explore and incubate smaller, productivity-oriented
> Java language features that have been accepted as candidate JEPs under
> the OpenJDK JEP process [2], including:
>
>  - JEP 286 (Local Variable Type Inference) [3]
>  - JEP 301 (Enhanced Enums) [4]
>  - JEP 302 (Lambda Leftovers) [5]
>
> as well as future suitable JEPs that are adopted by the project.
>
> The initial Reviewers and Committers will be:
>
> * Brian Goetz
> * John Rose
> * Paul Sandoz
> * Maurizio Cimadamore
> * Dan Smith
> * Gavin Bierman
> * Vicente Romero
> * Alex Buckley
> * Jon Gibbons
> * Joe Darcy
> * Remi Forax
> * Mark Reinhold
>

> The project will host at least the following mailing list:
>
> * amber-dev for development discussions and user feedback
> * amber-spec-experts for design and specification discussions
>
> The initial source of this project will be based on a clone of a JDK 10
> repository.  Changes from the JDK 10 parent will be synced into Amber
> periodically.  Similar to Projects Lambda and Valhalla, we will follow
> a "commit first, review later" policy, as code will not flow directly
> from the Amber repositories into the JDK repositories, but instead
> will be done by a "curated merge" where select changes are extracted
> into new changesets for incorporation into JDK repositories when they
> are ready for inclusion.
>
> Votes are due by Feb 8, 2017.
>
> Only current OpenJDK Members [6] are eligible to vote on this
> motion.  Votes must be cast in the open on the discuss list.
> Replying to this message is sufficient if your mail program
> honors the Reply-To header.
>
> For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [7].
>

> [1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project
> [2] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/1
> [3] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/286
> [4] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/301
> [5] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/302
> [6] http://openjdk.java.net/census#members
> [7] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project-vote

Re: CFV: Project Amber

Maurizio Cimadamore
Vote: yes

Maurizio

On 25/01/17 16:36, Brian Goetz wrote:

> [ Sending to [hidden email]; had previously been sent to
> [hidden email], and some votes have already been registered
> there ]
>
> I hereby propose the creation of Project Amber with myself as the Lead
> and the Compiler group as the sponsoring group.
>
> In accordance with the OpenJDK guidelines [1], this project will
> provide a venue to explore and incubate smaller, productivity-oriented
> Java language features that have been accepted as candidate JEPs under
> the OpenJDK JEP process [2], including:
>
>  - JEP 286 (Local Variable Type Inference) [3]
>  - JEP 301 (Enhanced Enums) [4]
>  - JEP 302 (Lambda Leftovers) [5]
>
> as well as future suitable JEPs that are adopted by the project.
>
> The initial Reviewers and Committers will be:
>
> * Brian Goetz
> * John Rose
> * Paul Sandoz
> * Maurizio Cimadamore
> * Dan Smith
> * Gavin Bierman
> * Vicente Romero
> * Alex Buckley
> * Jon Gibbons
> * Joe Darcy
> * Remi Forax
> * Mark Reinhold
>

> The project will host at least the following mailing list:
>
> * amber-dev for development discussions and user feedback
> * amber-spec-experts for design and specification discussions
>
> The initial source of this project will be based on a clone of a JDK 10
> repository.  Changes from the JDK 10 parent will be synced into Amber
> periodically.  Similar to Projects Lambda and Valhalla, we will follow
> a "commit first, review later" policy, as code will not flow directly
> from the Amber repositories into the JDK repositories, but instead
> will be done by a "curated merge" where select changes are extracted
> into new changesets for incorporation into JDK repositories when they
> are ready for inclusion.
>
> Votes are due by Feb 8, 2017.
>
> Only current OpenJDK Members [6] are eligible to vote on this
> motion.  Votes must be cast in the open on the discuss list.
> Replying to this message is sufficient if your mail program
> honors the Reply-To header.
>
> For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [7].
>

> [1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project
> [2] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/1
> [3] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/286
> [4] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/301
> [5] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/302
> [6] http://openjdk.java.net/census#members
> [7] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project-vote

Re: CFV: Project Amber

Jonathan Gibbons
Vote: yes

RE: CFV: Project Amber

Iris Clark-3
Vote: yes

iris

Re: CFV: Project Amber

Vote: yes

David

On 26/01/2017 2:36 AM, Brian Goetz wrote:

> [ Sending to [hidden email]; had previously been sent to
> [hidden email], and some votes have already been registered
> there ]
>
> I hereby propose the creation of Project Amber with myself as the Lead
> and the Compiler group as the sponsoring group.
>
> In accordance with the OpenJDK guidelines [1], this project will provide
> a venue to explore and incubate smaller, productivity-oriented Java
> language features that have been accepted as candidate JEPs under the
> OpenJDK JEP process [2], including:
>
>  - JEP 286 (Local Variable Type Inference) [3]
>  - JEP 301 (Enhanced Enums) [4]
>  - JEP 302 (Lambda Leftovers) [5]
>
> as well as future suitable JEPs that are adopted by the project.
>
> The initial Reviewers and Committers will be:
>
> * Brian Goetz
> * John Rose
> * Paul Sandoz
> * Maurizio Cimadamore
> * Dan Smith
> * Gavin Bierman
> * Vicente Romero
> * Alex Buckley
> * Jon Gibbons
> * Joe Darcy
> * Remi Forax
> * Mark Reinhold
>

> The project will host at least the following mailing list:
>
> * amber-dev for development discussions and user feedback
> * amber-spec-experts for design and specification discussions
>
> The initial source of this project will be based on a clone of a JDK 10
> repository.  Changes from the JDK 10 parent will be synced into Amber
> periodically.  Similar to Projects Lambda and Valhalla, we will follow a
> "commit first, review later" policy, as code will not flow directly from
> the Amber repositories into the JDK repositories, but instead will be
> done by a "curated merge" where select changes are extracted into new
> changesets for incorporation into JDK repositories when they are ready
> for inclusion.
>
> Votes are due by Feb 8, 2017.
>
> Only current OpenJDK Members [6] are eligible to vote on this
> motion.  Votes must be cast in the open on the discuss list.
> Replying to this message is sufficient if your mail program
> honors the Reply-To header.
>
> For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [7].
>

> [1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project
> [2] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/1
> [3] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/286
> [4] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/301
> [5] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/302
> [6] http://openjdk.java.net/census#members
> [7] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project-vote

Re: CFV: Project Amber

Chris Hegarty
Vote: YES

-Chris.

> On 25 Jan 2017, at 16:36, Brian Goetz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> [ Sending to [hidden email]; had previously been sent to [hidden email], and some votes have already been registered there ]
>
> I hereby propose the creation of Project Amber with myself as the Lead and the Compiler group as the sponsoring group.

12