FW: RFR(M): 8189102: All tools should support -?, -h and --help

FW: RFR(M): 8189102: All tools should support -?, -h and --help

Lindenmaier, Goetz
Hi,

... missed some lists in my first post ...

I prepared a fifth webrev for this change.  Please review.

It incorporates the changes requested by the CSR reviewers
(not to remove docuemtation of '-help' where is was documented
before) and the changes proposed by Kumar:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~goetz/wr17/8189102-helpMessage/webrev.05/

See also the information in the webrev  itself, there are also patch files
with the incremental builds.

This change contains fixes for some langtool tests.
I ran the following test suites on it:
hotspot, jdk, langtools, nashorn, jaxp, most of them on
all the platforms we build.

Best regards,
  Goetz.

Re: FW: RFR(M): 8189102: All tools should support -?, -h and --help

Alan Bateman

On 07/12/2017 11:20, Lindenmaier, Goetz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> ... missed some lists in my first post ...
>
> I prepared a fifth webrev for this change.  Please review.
>
> It incorporates the changes requested by the CSR reviewers
> (not to remove docuemtation of '-help' where is was documented
> before) and the changes proposed by Kumar:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~goetz/wr17/8189102-helpMessage/webrev.05/

Looks like it still drops -help from the javadoc usage message, I can't
tell if you meant to do that.

-Alan.

RE: FW: RFR(M): 8189102: All tools should support -?, -h and --help

Lindenmaier, Goetz
Hi,

I had to update my webrev after the javah launcher had been removed:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~goetz/wr17/8189102-helpMessage/webrev.07/

I would appreciate a final decision to push this.

Best regards,
  Goetz.