How to disable JVM features?

Vladimir Ivanov
Hi,

I'm curious is there a way to disable JVM features from the default list.

Configure mentions --with-jvm-features [1], but it doesn't allow to
remove features which are enabled by default (tried to override the
list, but it didn't work).

Thanks!

Best regards,
Vladimir Ivanov

[1]
--with-jvm-features  additional JVM features to enable (separated by
                      comma), use '--help' to show possible values [none]
The following JVM features are available as arguments to
--with-jvm-features.
Which are valid to use depends on the target platform.
   compiler1 compiler2 zero minimal dtrace jvmti jvmci graal vm-structs
jni-check services management all-gcs nmt cds static-build link-time-opt
  aot closed-src commercial-features trace

Re: How to disable JVM features?

Magnus Ihse Bursie
You cannot disable features. However, you can create your own complete
set of features. Use --with-jvm-variants=custom. The custom variant
starts out with a comletely empty set of features. Then use
--with-jvm-features=compiler1,minimal,... whatever you want. Please be
adviced that not all combinations is possible to build, or makes sense.
Or even if it's possible to build, it might not work. The closer you
stay to a predefined combination, the more likely it is to work.

/Magnus

On 2017-11-30 19:35, Vladimir Ivanov wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm curious is there a way to disable JVM features from the default list.
>
> Configure mentions --with-jvm-features [1], but it doesn't allow to
> remove features which are enabled by default (tried to override the
> list, but it didn't work).
>
> Thanks!
>
> Best regards,
> Vladimir Ivanov
>
> [1]
> --with-jvm-features  additional JVM features to enable (separated by
>                      comma), use '--help' to show possible values [none]
> The following JVM features are available as arguments to
> --with-jvm-features.
> Which are valid to use depends on the target platform.
>   compiler1 compiler2 zero minimal dtrace jvmti jvmci graal vm-structs
> jni-check services management all-gcs nmt cds static-build
> link-time-opt  aot closed-src commercial-features trace

Re: How to disable JVM features?

Vladimir Ivanov
Thanks, Magnus! That works for me.

Best regards,