How to profile in jdk9?

Weijun Wang
Sorry if the question reveals my ignorance.

I need to profile with the latest jdk9 but everything I tried does not work:

- hprof gone

- try jvisualvm 1.3.9 but does not work with jdk9+161 on my Ubuntu. Even
if I added 2 --add-opens still got a blank window because "cannot load
even default layout".

- netbeans 20170316 always shows "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
Root cannot be null" whenever I want to run/debug/profile a program.

What shall I do?

Thanks
Max

Re: How to profile in jdk9?

Weijun Wang
Thanks for the advices. One more question on JFR:

Now I can launch my program with "-XX:+UnlockCommercialFeatures
-XX:+FlightRecorder
-XX:StartFlightRecording=filename=/tmp/myrecording.jfr", but there are
only a few ExecutionSample objects recorded.

How do I increase the sampling rate?

Thanks
Max