Initial code drop in xrender-repository

Clemens Eisserer
Hello,

There is now an early version of the xrender pipeline in its
repository, the first changeset is located here:
http://hg.openjdk.java.net/xrender/xrender/jdk/rev/6d294fa2bd42
Thanks a lot to Dmitri for beeing that helpful, friendly and patient.

There are still many things to be done, but the concepts shouldn't
change that much.
It would be great if you could have a look, I would be happy about
suggestions and criticism.

To try it out I suggest using at least Xorg-1.5 and a recent version
of the intel-driver (I used 2.3.2).
There are some bugs in the intel-driver (already reported and
confirmed), so if you have problems with rendering artifacts please
use XAA.
I'll be able to test it on an Radeon-X700M (RV420) on weekend.
The nvidia binary driver is missing some xrender hooks (e.g. hurting
nimbus a lot), but they are almost finished and should be available
soon with a new driver release:

Thanks in advance, Clemens

Re: Initial code drop in xrender-repository

Dmitri Trembovetski

   Congratulations, Clemens!

   For those who haven't seen his pipeline at work, take a look
   at his blog - http://linuxhippy.blogspot.com/ .

   It's pretty impressive, he can even run Java2Demo, Netbeans
   and SwingSet2, and even with Nimbus =)

   Thanks,
     Dmitri