[JDK 10] RFR: 8185794: java/net/httpclient/security/Driver.java fails in timeout

[JDK 10] RFR: 8185794: java/net/httpclient/security/Driver.java fails in timeout

Daniel Fuchs
Hi,

Please find below a fix for a test bug:

8185794: java/net/httpclient/security/Driver.java fails in timeout

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dfuchs/webrev_8185794/webrev.00/index.html

Policy files were missing a permission and the timeout on the @run
line in the test proved to be too short: the test spins subprocesses
and apparently needs some more time (it was failing on my local machine
consistently - but now passes with the proposed changeset).

best regards,

-- daniel

Re: [JDK 10] RFR: 8185794: java/net/httpclient/security/Driver.java fails in timeout

roger riggs
Hi Daniel,

Looks fine,

Roger

On 8/3/2017 2:21 PM, Daniel Fuchs wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please find below a fix for a test bug:

> 8185794: java/net/httpclient/security/Driver.java fails in timeout
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dfuchs/webrev_8185794/webrev.00/index.html
>
> Policy files were missing a permission and the timeout on the @run
> line in the test proved to be too short: the test spins subprocesses
> and apparently needs some more time (it was failing on my local machine
> consistently - but now passes with the proposed changeset).
>
> best regards,
>
> -- daniel

Re: [JDK 10] RFR: 8185794: java/net/httpclient/security/Driver.java fails in timeout

FELIX YANG
Hi Daniel,

     two comments:

1. you may need to change the copy right year from 2016 to 2017

2. If I remember correctly, Chris suggested to add copyright to all
policy files. Probably you can add together, though not purpose of this bug.

Thanks,
Felix
On 2017/8/4 2:21, Daniel Fuchs wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please find below a fix for a test bug:

> 8185794: java/net/httpclient/security/Driver.java fails in timeout
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dfuchs/webrev_8185794/webrev.00/index.html
>
> Policy files were missing a permission and the timeout on the @run
> line in the test proved to be too short: the test spins subprocesses
> and apparently needs some more time (it was failing on my local machine
> consistently - but now passes with the proposed changeset).
>
> best regards,
>
> -- daniel

Re: [JDK 10] RFR: 8185794: java/net/httpclient/security/Driver.java fails in timeout

Daniel Fuchs
Hi Felix,

On 04/08/2017 06:26, Felix Yang wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
>      two comments:
>
> 1. you may need to change the copy right year from 2016 to 2017

Good point. Will do before pushing.

> 2. If I remember correctly, Chris suggested to add copyright to all
> policy files. Probably you can add together, though not purpose of this
> bug.

I'm going to log another issue of that. I believe it's better if this
kind of changes (adding missing copyright to a bunch of file) is not
tied with a bug fix.

best regards,

-- daniel

> Thanks,
> Felix
> On 2017/8/4 2:21, Daniel Fuchs wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please find below a fix for a test bug:

>> 8185794: java/net/httpclient/security/Driver.java fails in timeout
>>
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dfuchs/webrev_8185794/webrev.00/index.html
>>
>> Policy files were missing a permission and the timeout on the @run
>> line in the test proved to be too short: the test spins subprocesses
>> and apparently needs some more time (it was failing on my local machine
>> consistently - but now passes with the proposed changeset).
>>
>> best regards,
>>
>> -- daniel

Re: [JDK 10] RFR: 8185794: java/net/httpclient/security/Driver.java fails in timeout

Michael McMahon
Seems strange that the test needs more than 60 sec Daniel.
But if that fixes it, it looks good.

Thanks,
Michael