JDK-8153333: [REDO] STW phases at Concurrent GC should count in PerfCounter

JDK-8153333: [REDO] STW phases at Concurrent GC should count in PerfCounter

Yasumasa Suenaga-4
Hi all,

I changed PerfCounter to show CGC STW phase in jstat in JDK-8151674.
However, it occurred several jtreg test failure, so it was back-outed.

I want to resume to work for this issue.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ysuenaga/JDK-8153333/webrev.03/hotspot/
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ysuenaga/JDK-8153333/webrev.03/jdk/

These changes are work fine on jtreg test as below:

  hotspot/test/serviceability/tmtools/jstat
  jdk/test/sun/tools

Since JDK 9, default GC algorithm is set to G1.
So I think this change is useful to watch GC behavior through jstat.

I cannot access JPRT. Could you help?

Thanks,

Yasumasa

Re: JDK-8153333: [REDO] STW phases at Concurrent GC should count in PerfCounter

Yasumasa Suenaga-4
PING:

Have you checked this issue?

Yasumasa

On 2017/07/01 23:44, Yasumasa Suenaga wrote:

> PING:
>
> Have you checked this issue?
>

> Yasumasa
>

> On 2017/06/14 13:22, Yasumasa Suenaga wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I changed PerfCounter to show CGC STW phase in jstat in JDK-8151674.
>> However, it occurred several jtreg test failure, so it was back-outed.
>>
>> I want to resume to work for this issue.
>>
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ysuenaga/JDK-8153333/webrev.03/hotspot/
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ysuenaga/JDK-8153333/webrev.03/jdk/
>>
>> These changes are work fine on jtreg test as below:
>>
>>    hotspot/test/serviceability/tmtools/jstat
>>    jdk/test/sun/tools
>>

>> Since JDK 9, default GC algorithm is set to G1.
>> So I think this change is useful to watch GC behavior through jstat.
>>
>> I cannot access JPRT. Could you help?
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Yasumasa

RFR: JDK-8153333: [REDO] STW phases at Concurrent GC should count in PerfCounter

Yasumasa Suenaga-4
Hi all,

I uploaded new webrev to be adapted to jdk10/hs:

   http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ysuenaga/JDK-8153333/webrev.04/

I want to check this patch via JPRT, but I cannot access it.
Could you cooperate?

Thanks,

yasumasa