Quantcast

JDK 9 RFR(s): 8177788 migrate collections docs into jdk doc-files

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

JDK 9 RFR(s): 8177788 migrate collections docs into jdk doc-files

Stuart Marks
Hi all,

Please review this updated webrev [1] to migrate some collections
technotes/guides into the JDK's javadoc doc-files.

This is an update of a webrev, previously reviewed. [2] In response to some
comments from Mandy, I've removed the collections version history from this
changeset. While I like having version history around, it does add clutter and
more docs to keep maintained. I've also included some markup changes suggested
by Brent Christian.

Thanks,

s'marks



[1] http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~smarks/reviews/8177788/webrev.1/

[2] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2017-April/047082.html
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: JDK 9 RFR(s): 8177788 migrate collections docs into jdk doc-files

Martin Buchholz-3
Looks good.

Not sure what "the internationalization facility" is. My view is that this
package has "some" collection classes and "some" classes related to
internationalization.

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 9:37 AM, Stuart Marks <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Please review this updated webrev [1] to migrate some collections
> technotes/guides into the JDK's javadoc doc-files.
>
> This is an update of a webrev, previously reviewed. [2] In response to
> some comments from Mandy, I've removed the collections version history from
> this changeset. While I like having version history around, it does add
> clutter and more docs to keep maintained. I've also included some markup
> changes suggested by Brent Christian.
>
> Thanks,
>
> s'marks
>
>
>
> [1] http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~smarks/reviews/8177788/webrev.1/
>
> [2] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2017-Ap
> ril/047082.html
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: JDK 9 RFR(s): 8177788 migrate collections docs into jdk doc-files

Martin Buchholz-3
Oh, and very happy to see these files I contributed to long ago finally
make it into openjdk!

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 10:18 AM, Martin Buchholz <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Looks good.
>
> Not sure what "the internationalization facility" is. My view is that
> this package has "some" collection classes and "some" classes related to
> internationalization.
>
> On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 9:37 AM, Stuart Marks <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Please review this updated webrev [1] to migrate some collections
>> technotes/guides into the JDK's javadoc doc-files.
>>
>> This is an update of a webrev, previously reviewed. [2] In response to
>> some comments from Mandy, I've removed the collections version history from
>> this changeset. While I like having version history around, it does add
>> clutter and more docs to keep maintained. I've also included some markup
>> changes suggested by Brent Christian.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> s'marks
>>
>>
>>
>> [1] http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~smarks/reviews/8177788/webrev.1/
>>
>> [2] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2017-Ap
>> ril/047082.html
>>
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: JDK 9 RFR(s): 8177788 migrate collections docs into jdk doc-files

Stuart Marks
In reply to this post by Martin Buchholz-3
On 5/19/17 10:18 AM, Martin Buchholz wrote:
> Not sure what "the internationalization facility" is. My view is that this
> package has "some" collection classes and "some" classes related to
> internationalization.

I'll reword that to mention "some internationalization support classes" or
something similar.

s'marks

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: JDK 9 RFR(s): 8177788 migrate collections docs into jdk doc-files

Mandy Chung
In reply to this post by Stuart Marks
Looks good.

Mandy

> On May 19, 2017, at 9:37 AM, Stuart Marks <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Please review this updated webrev [1] to migrate some collections technotes/guides into the JDK's javadoc doc-files.
>
> This is an update of a webrev, previously reviewed. [2] In response to some comments from Mandy, I've removed the collections version history from this changeset. While I like having version history around, it does add clutter and more docs to keep maintained. I've also included some markup changes suggested by Brent Christian.
>
> Thanks,
>
> s'marks
>
>
>
> [1] http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~smarks/reviews/8177788/webrev.1/
>
> [2] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2017-April/047082.html

Loading...