JEP395: spec clarify isRecord() verification?

JEP395: spec clarify isRecord() verification?

Andrew Leonard-3
Hi,
Is someone able to clarify please the spec with regards isRecord()

A record class is implicitly final, and cannot be abstract <-----

Whether this should be enforced at static verification or in isRecord()?

The JTreg testcase
https://github.com/openjdk/jdk16/blob/4de3a6be9e60b9676f2199cd18eadb54a9d6e3fe/test/jdk/java/lang/reflect/records/IsRecordTest.java#L77
infers the later?

Thanks
Andrew

Re: JEP395: spec clarify isRecord() verification?

Chris Hegarty
Hi Andrew,

> On 11 Feb 2021, at 07:58, Andrew Leonard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> Is someone able to clarify please the spec with regards isRecord()
>
> A record class is implicitly final, and cannot be abstract <-----
>
> Whether this should be enforced at static verification or in isRecord()?
>
> The JTreg testcase
> https://github.com/openjdk/jdk16/blob/4de3a6be9e60b9676f2199cd18eadb54a9d6e3fe/test/jdk/java/lang/reflect/records/IsRecordTest.java#L77
> infers the later?

I think what you are looking for is in this CSR:

-Chris.