Mac OsX Sierra - Stuck on binaryTreeDictionary.hpp compilation

Mac OsX Sierra - Stuck on binaryTreeDictionary.hpp compilation

Tommaso Pasini
Hi guys, its the whole morning I'm trying to build OpenJDK 9 on max OS X
Sierra.
I was able to configure but when I run the command make clean install, it
stops with this error:

hotspot/src/share/vm/memory/binaryTreeDictionary.hpp:167:12: error:
> instantiation of variable 'TreeChunk<FreeChunk, AdaptiveFreeList<FreeChunk>
> >::_min_tree_chunk_size' required here, but no definition is available
> [-Werror,-Wundefined-var-template]
>
>     return _min_tree_chunk_size;

I checked the file and the variable is declared few lines before. I'm not
an expert of C++ and I'm not finding anything on the web.

Does anybody already faced this problem?

Thanks,
--Tommaso

Re: Mac OsX Sierra - Stuck on binaryTreeDictionary.hpp compilation

Magnus Ihse Bursie
My recommendation is that you remove the entire output directory ("rm
-rf build"), re-do the configuration and try again. Before removing, you
can do "make print-configuration" to get the command line you used to
configure.

/Magnus

On 2017-05-12 12:12, Tommaso Pasini wrote:

> Hi guys, its the whole morning I'm trying to build OpenJDK 9 on max OS X
> Sierra.
> I was able to configure but when I run the command make clean install, it
> stops with this error:
>
> hotspot/src/share/vm/memory/binaryTreeDictionary.hpp:167:12: error:
>> instantiation of variable 'TreeChunk<FreeChunk, AdaptiveFreeList<FreeChunk>
>>> ::_min_tree_chunk_size' required here, but no definition is available
>> [-Werror,-Wundefined-var-template]
>>
>>      return _min_tree_chunk_size;
>>

> I checked the file and the variable is declared few lines before. I'm not
> an expert of C++ and I'm not finding anything on the web.
>
> Does anybody already faced this problem?
>
> Thanks,
> --Tommaso

Re: Mac OsX Sierra - Stuck on binaryTreeDictionary.hpp compilation

Tommaso Pasini
thanks for the answer, I tried to remove and reconfigure. Unfortunately I
still have the same issue.
This is very strange because the static variable _min_tree_chunk_size,
seams declared correctly in the class.

Tommaso Pasini

>:

> My recommendation is that you remove the entire output directory ("rm -rf
> build"), re-do the configuration and try again. Before removing, you can do
> "make print-configuration" to get the command line you used to configure.
>
> /Magnus
>

> On 2017-05-12 12:12, Tommaso Pasini wrote:
>
>> Hi guys, its the whole morning I'm trying to build OpenJDK 9 on max OS X
>> Sierra.
>> I was able to configure but when I run the command make clean install, it
>> stops with this error:
>>
>> hotspot/src/share/vm/memory/binaryTreeDictionary.hpp:167:12: error:
>>
>>> instantiation of variable 'TreeChunk<FreeChunk,
>>> AdaptiveFreeList<FreeChunk>

>>> [-Werror,-Wundefined-var-template]
>>>
>>>      return _min_tree_chunk_size;
>>>

>>> I checked the file and the variable is declared few lines before. I'm not
>> an expert of C++ and I'm not finding anything on the web.
>>
>> Does anybody already faced this problem?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> --Tommaso

Re: Mac OsX Sierra - Stuck on binaryTreeDictionary.hpp compilation

David Holmes
What compiler (name and version) are you trying to use?

David

On 12/05/2017 8:44 PM, Tommaso Pasini wrote:

> thanks for the answer, I tried to remove and reconfigure. Unfortunately I
> still have the same issue.
> This is very strange because the static variable _min_tree_chunk_size,
> seams declared correctly in the class.
>
> Tommaso Pasini

>> :
>
>> My recommendation is that you remove the entire output directory ("rm -rf
>> build"), re-do the configuration and try again. Before removing, you can do
>> "make print-configuration" to get the command line you used to configure.
>>
>> /Magnus
>>

>> On 2017-05-12 12:12, Tommaso Pasini wrote:
>>
>>> Hi guys, its the whole morning I'm trying to build OpenJDK 9 on max OS X
>>> Sierra.
>>> I was able to configure but when I run the command make clean install, it
>>> stops with this error:
>>>
>>> hotspot/src/share/vm/memory/binaryTreeDictionary.hpp:167:12: error:

>>> an expert of C++ and I'm not finding anything on the web.
>>>
>>> Does anybody already faced this problem?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> --Tommaso

Re: Mac OsX Sierra - Stuck on binaryTreeDictionary.hpp compilation

Tommaso Pasini
I have clang-802.0.42 installed. But I'm not 100% sure that this is what
make is using.
How can I check?

Tommaso Pasini

> What compiler (name and version) are you trying to use?
>
> David
>

> On 12/05/2017 8:44 PM, Tommaso Pasini wrote:
>
>> thanks for the answer, I tried to remove and reconfigure. Unfortunately I
>> still have the same issue.
>> This is very strange because the static variable _min_tree_chunk_size,
>> seams declared correctly in the class.
>>
>> Tommaso Pasini

>> [hidden email]
>>
>>> :
>>>

>> My recommendation is that you remove the entire output directory ("rm -rf
>>> build"), re-do the configuration and try again. Before removing, you can
>>> do
>>> "make print-configuration" to get the command line you used to configure.
>>>
>>> /Magnus
>>>

>>> On 2017-05-12 12:12, Tommaso Pasini wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi guys, its the whole morning I'm trying to build OpenJDK 9 on max OS X

Re: Mac OsX Sierra - Stuck on binaryTreeDictionary.hpp compilation

Lennart Börjeson-2
I’ve had that error on my Mac since forever. :-/

You need to configure with "--disable-warnings-as-errors”.

You’ll then get that warning quite a few times during the build, bit it will work. (At least it does for me.)

/Lennart

> 12 maj 2017 kl. 12:44 skrev Tommaso Pasini <[hidden email]>:
>
> thanks for the answer, I tried to remove and reconfigure. Unfortunately I
> still have the same issue.
> This is very strange because the static variable _min_tree_chunk_size,
> seams declared correctly in the class.
>
> Tommaso Pasini

>> :
>
>> My recommendation is that you remove the entire output directory ("rm -rf
>> build"), re-do the configuration and try again. Before removing, you can do
>> "make print-configuration" to get the command line you used to configure.
>>
>> /Magnus
>>

>> On 2017-05-12 12:12, Tommaso Pasini wrote:
>>
>>> Hi guys, its the whole morning I'm trying to build OpenJDK 9 on max OS X
>>> Sierra.
>>> I was able to configure but when I run the command make clean install, it
>>> stops with this error:
>>>
>>> hotspot/src/share/vm/memory/binaryTreeDictionary.hpp:167:12: error:

>>> an expert of C++ and I'm not finding anything on the web.
>>>
>>> Does anybody already faced this problem?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> --Tommaso

Re: Mac OsX Sierra - Stuck on binaryTreeDictionary.hpp compilation

Tommaso Pasini
ok, i suspected that Lennart, could you tell me how to set that flag?
Thanks a lot!

Tommaso Pasini

> I’ve had that error on my Mac since forever. :-/
>
> You need to configure with "--disable-warnings-as-errors”.
>
> You’ll then get that warning quite a few times during the build, bit it
> will work. (At least it does for me.)
>

> /Lennart
>

> > 12 maj 2017 kl. 12:44 skrev Tommaso Pasini <[hidden email]>:
> >
> > thanks for the answer, I tried to remove and reconfigure. Unfortunately I
> > still have the same issue.
> > This is very strange because the static variable _min_tree_chunk_size,
> > seams declared correctly in the class.
> >
> > Tommaso Pasini

> >> :
> >
> >> My recommendation is that you remove the entire output directory ("rm
> -rf
> >> build"), re-do the configuration and try again. Before removing, you
> can do
> >> "make print-configuration" to get the command line you used to
> configure.
> >>
> >> /Magnus

> it

> not

Re: Mac OsX Sierra - Stuck on binaryTreeDictionary.hpp compilation

Tommaso Pasini
I check the make sources and they do not seam to use CFLAGS anywhere

Tommaso Pasini

> ok, i suspected that Lennart, could you tell me how to set that flag?
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Tommaso Pasini

>> I’ve had that error on my Mac since forever. :-/
>>
>> You need to configure with "--disable-warnings-as-errors”.
>>
>> You’ll then get that warning quite a few times during the build, bit it
>> will work. (At least it does for me.)
>>

>> /Lennart
>>

>> > 12 maj 2017 kl. 12:44 skrev Tommaso Pasini <[hidden email]>:
>> >
>> > thanks for the answer, I tried to remove and reconfigure. Unfortunately
>> > still have the same issue.
>> > This is very strange because the static variable _min_tree_chunk_size,
>> > seams declared correctly in the class.
>> >
>> > Tommaso Pasini

>> [hidden email]

>> -rf
>> can do
>> configure.

>> OS X
>> install, it

>> available

>> I'm not

Re: Mac OsX Sierra - Stuck on binaryTreeDictionary.hpp compilation

Magnus Ihse Bursie
"bash configure --disable-warnings-as-errors"

/Magnus

On 2017-05-12 14:11, Tommaso Pasini wrote:

> [...]
>     >>>>> ::_min_tree_chunk_size' required here, but no definition is
>     available
>     >>>>>
>     >>>> [-Werror,-Wundefined-var-template]
>     >>>>
>     >>>>     return _min_tree_chunk_size;
>     >>>>
>     >>>>
>     >>>> I checked the file and the variable is declared few lines
>     before. I'm not
>     >>> an expert of C++ and I'm not finding anything on the web.
>     >>>
>     >>> Does anybody already faced this problem?
>     >>>
>     >>> Thanks,
>     >>> --Tommaso
>     >>>
>     >>
>     >>

Re: Mac OsX Sierra - Stuck on binaryTreeDictionary.hpp compilation

:D great! It worked perfectly! Thanks a lot

Tommaso Pasini