Netbeans (OpenJdk Native project) on Windows - how to set up source directories

Netbeans (OpenJdk Native project) on Windows - how to set up source directories

Thomas Stüfe-2
Hi all,

I am attempting to use Netbeans on Windows. I work with the common/nb_native project (currently from jdk10/hs). I worked with CDS Eclipse before, and this is my first attempt to use Netbeans.

Code assistance works well enough for shared coding out of the box to do some serious editing even without tweaking anything, which is nice.

I first use the Mac64 configuration, now I try to add a real Windows configuration.

I do not attempt to build from within Netbeans. I have the OpenJDK windows build working in cygwin, and that is good enough for me. I only need an editor with good C++ refactoring.

So I attempt to do the same I would do in CDS:

1) define which sources are to be parsed (shared, os/windows, os_cpu/windows_x86...)
2) Set include paths and Preprocessor definitions.

Point (2) is not complicated, but Point (1) has me stumped. In Eclipse, I can set up source directories the same way I would set up include paths, but I cannot find the setting in Netbeans.

I see that different configurations do include or exclude their specific source folder. Like, on Mac64 configuration, os/bsd and os/posix are black, the rest is greyed out. But how is this done? Where do I define which source folders are to be parsed for which configuration?

Thanks a lot!

Thomas

Re: Netbeans (OpenJdk Native project) on Windows - how to set up source directories

Ulf Zibis
Hi Thomas,

this list is very quiet.

I suggest to join the NetCAT project [1]. As a side effect you should
get a lot of help from the comunitiy members. I too would appreciate,
that developing JDK source on NetBeans would be more simple.

-Ulf

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/NetCAT+FAQ

Am 07.06.2017 um 09:23 schrieb Thomas Stüfe:

> Hi all,
>
> I am attempting to use Netbeans on Windows. I work with the
> common/nb_native project (currently from jdk10/hs). I worked with CDS
> Eclipse before, and this is my first attempt to use Netbeans.
>
> Code assistance works well enough for shared coding out of the box to
> do some serious editing even without tweaking anything, which is nice.
>
> I first use the Mac64 configuration, now I try to add a real Windows
> configuration.
>
> I do not attempt to build from within Netbeans. I have the OpenJDK
> windows build working in cygwin, and that is good enough for me. I
> only need an editor with good C++ refactoring.
>
> So I attempt to do the same I would do in CDS:
>
> 1) define which sources are to be parsed (shared, os/windows,
> os_cpu/windows_x86...)
> 2) Set include paths and Preprocessor definitions.
>
> Point (2) is not complicated, but Point (1) has me stumped. In
> Eclipse, I can set up source directories the same way I would set up
> include paths, but I cannot find the setting in Netbeans.
>
> I see that different configurations do include or exclude their
> specific source folder. Like, on Mac64 configuration, os/bsd and
> os/posix are black, the rest is greyed out. But how is this done?
> Where do I define which source folders are to be parsed for which
> configuration?
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Thomas

Re: Netbeans (OpenJdk Native project) on Windows - how to set up source directories

Thomas Stüfe-2
Hi Ulf,

thank you for the hint, I'll take a look.

Kind Regards, Thomas

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 12:58 PM, Ulf Zibis <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

if I found something which didn't work, my "trick" was to file a bug/RFE about the problem and annonce it in the mailing list. Often the bug was fixed quickly, or a workaround was found.
Have fun with NetCAT, the team is really likeable and congenial.

Are you a german speaker than me?

-Ulf