Quantcast

New source release?

Benedikt Hauptmann
Hi Everyone,

Month ago i downloaded source releases (modules-7-ea-src-04_dec_2007 and
modules-7-ea-src-09_apr_2008) of the module project from the jdk7 source
release page [1].

Now there is just a link to the Mercury-Repositories.

Will there be a source release of modules project available soon?

Regards,
        Benedikt

[1] http://download.java.net/openjdk/jdk7/

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: New source release?

Alex Buckley-2
Hi Benedikt,

With the recent announcement about JSR 277 [1], the Modules project will
shortly be replaced by a new OpenJDK project, Jigsaw. This will host the
source for javac and JVM changes associated with JSR 294 and Jigsaw
itself. I expect the project to get going in January.

Alex

[1] http://blogs.sun.com/mr/entry/jigsaw