Question about DiagnosticCommand.jfrCheck

Question about DiagnosticCommand.jfrCheck

Martin Skarsaune
Hi

I have a question about plans for com.sun.management.DiagnosticCommand.jfrCheck :

If I run this command in JRE 9+181 i get this output:

"Java Flight Recorder not enabled.

Use VM.unlock_commercial_features to enable."

Will the output change in future versions when the flight recorder goes open source?
Will it work differently in Oracle and OpenJDK JRE ?

My background for asking this question: I do some work on flight recorder support in hawt.io and would like to give the user proper warning before attempting to unlock commercial features at runtime.

Cheers!

Martin Skarsaune

Re: Question about DiagnosticCommand.jfrCheck

Erik Gahlin
Hi Martin,

There will be a JEP outlining how things will work in OpenJDK.

When it comes to Oracle JDK, it is too early to say and should not be discussed on this mailing list, but feel free to mail me when there is a JEP.

Cheers!
Erik