RFR: [10] 8187113: test/javax/imageio/plugins/png/PngCreationTimeTest.java fails

RFR: [10] 8187113: test/javax/imageio/plugins/png/PngCreationTimeTest.java fails

Prahalad kumar Narayanan
Hello Everyone

Good day to you.

Request your time in reviewing the bug fix for
. JDK-8187113    test/javax/imageio/plugins/png/PngCreationTimeTest.java fails

Root cause:
. The Jtreg test- PngCreationTimeTest.java, requires an input image file (duke.png)
. But the image was missed when we checked in the fix for issue- JDK-8164971.

Details on Fix:
. The missing image file has been added to the webrev.
. In addition, the test case has been fortified with defensive null checks to report Exception with meaningful messages.

Other Info:
. I've tested the updated test case on Win7 and Ubuntu VM and the it passes without any issue.
. Since there are no platform dependencies to either the original fix (JDK-8164971) or the current one, I believe, the test should pass on other OS(s) as well.

Kindly review the fix at your convenience & share your feedback.
Review Link: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~pnarayanan/8187113/webrev.00/

Thank you for your time
Have a good day

Prahalad N.

Re: RFR: [10] 8187113: test/javax/imageio/plugins/png/PngCreationTimeTest.java fails

Sergey Bylokhov
+1

Best regards, Sergey.

Re: RFR: [10] 8187113: test/javax/imageio/plugins/png/PngCreationTimeTest.java fails

prasanta sadhukhan
+1

Regards
Prasanta