RFR[10] JDK-8177017: com/oracle/security/ucrypto/TestAES.java fails intermittently

RFR[10] JDK-8177017: com/oracle/security/ucrypto/TestAES.java fails intermittently

sha.jiang
Hi,
According to JDK-8173708, the cases on CFB128 in test
com/oracle/security/ucrypto/TestAES.java should be skipped on Solaris
11.2 and previous versions due to a Solaris bug.
Please review the patch at:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jjiang/8177017/webrev.00/

Best regards,
John Jiang

Re: RFR[10] JDK-8177017: com/oracle/security/ucrypto/TestAES.java fails intermittently

Bernd Eckenfels-4
Would it be better to not skip the test but remove a broken cipher from the provider in that known circumstances?

John Jiang

Re: RFR[10] JDK-8177017: com/oracle/security/ucrypto/TestAES.java fails intermittently

Valerie Peng
Hi John,

Sorry for the delay in reviewing this and thanks for the patience.

The changes look fine in general, however I feel that it may be
worthwhile to put the Solaris version+distro checking/detection code
into the general test base class, i.e. UcryptoTest, as a utility method.
This way, other tests can also leverage the code to skip certain cases
if needed.

Thanks,
Valerie

On 6/21/2017 7:40 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi,
> According to JDK-8173708, the cases on CFB128 in test
> com/oracle/security/ucrypto/TestAES.java should be skipped on Solaris
> 11.2 and previous versions due to a Solaris bug.
> Please review the patch at:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jjiang/8177017/webrev.00/
>
> Best regards,
> John Jiang

Re: RFR[10] JDK-8177017: com/oracle/security/ucrypto/TestAES.java fails intermittently

sha.jiang
Hi Valerie,
Thanks for your comments!

Please review the updated webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jjiang/8177017/webrev.01/
UcryptoTest has been extended by a set of tests. And the tests don't use
ProcessTools, exactly, they don't declare /test/lib as library. If put
distro() codes to the parent class, then all of such tests have to be
modified. So, I just put the distro() method to
/test/lib/jdk/test/lib/Utils.java.

Best regards,
John Jiang

On 16/07/2017 05:07, Valerie Peng wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> Sorry for the delay in reviewing this and thanks for the patience.
>
> The changes look fine in general, however I feel that it may be
> worthwhile to put the Solaris version+distro checking/detection code
> into the general test base class, i.e. UcryptoTest, as a utility
> method. This way, other tests can also leverage the code to skip
> certain cases if needed.
>
> Thanks,
> Valerie

>> According to JDK-8173708, the cases on CFB128 in test
>> com/oracle/security/ucrypto/TestAES.java should be skipped on Solaris
>> 11.2 and previous versions due to a Solaris bug.
>> Please review the patch at:
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jjiang/8177017/webrev.00/
>>
>> Best regards,
>> John Jiang

Re: RFR[10] JDK-8177017: com/oracle/security/ucrypto/TestAES.java fails intermittently

Valerie Peng

Updated changes look good.
Thanks,
Valerie