RFR 8006259: Test example vectors from NIST SP 800-38A

RFR 8006259: Test example vectors from NIST SP 800-38A

Adam Petcher
This change adds a test which executes example vectors from NIST SP
800-38A to check AES in various modes of operation. The test pulls in
all of the providers and runs the appropriate vectors for all supported
modes of operation on each provider. It passes on all platforms on JPRT,
and I confirmed that it exercises OracleUcrypto and SunPKCS11 on
Solaris. The CFB1 mode is included even though no provider seems to
support it at this time.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~apetcher/8006259/webrev.00/

Re: RFR 8006259: Test example vectors from NIST SP 800-38A

Valerie Peng

Changes look fine.
Just a nit on code conventions, we normally use the style below:
try {
} catch (..) {

Can you update the test source to follow the same style?
Thanks,
Valerie

On 2/7/2017 11:50 AM, Adam Petcher wrote:

> This change adds a test which executes example vectors from NIST SP
> 800-38A to check AES in various modes of operation. The test pulls in
> all of the providers and runs the appropriate vectors for all
> supported modes of operation on each provider. It passes on all
> platforms on JPRT, and I confirmed that it exercises OracleUcrypto and
> SunPKCS11 on Solaris. The CFB1 mode is included even though no
> provider seems to support it at this time.
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~apetcher/8006259/webrev.00/

Re: RFR 8006259: Test example vectors from NIST SP 800-38A

Adam Petcher
Fixed. Here is the new webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~apetcher/8006259/webrev.01/

On 2/16/2017 8:26 PM, Valerie Peng wrote:

> Changes look fine.
> Just a nit on code conventions, we normally use the style below:
> try {
> } catch (..) {
> }
>
> Can you update the test source to follow the same style?
> Thanks,
> Valerie
>
> On 2/7/2017 11:50 AM, Adam Petcher wrote:
>> This change adds a test which executes example vectors from NIST SP
>> 800-38A to check AES in various modes of operation. The test pulls in
>> all of the providers and runs the appropriate vectors for all
>> supported modes of operation on each provider. It passes on all
>> platforms on JPRT, and I confirmed that it exercises OracleUcrypto
>> and SunPKCS11 on Solaris. The CFB1 mode is included even though no
>> provider seems to support it at this time.
>>
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~apetcher/8006259/webrev.00/

Re: RFR 8006259: Test example vectors from NIST SP 800-38A

Valerie Peng

Update looks good.
Thanks,
Valerie