RFR: 8163449: Allow per protocol setting for URLConnection defaultUseCaches

RFR: 8163449: Allow per protocol setting for URLConnection defaultUseCaches

Michael McMahon
Could I get the following API (and impl) change reviewed please?

The change is to add a getter and setter in j.n.URLConnection
for a per-protocol default setting for the useCaches flag. With this
change it will be possible to switch off caching for the jar: protocol
but leave it switched on for http: etc.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~michaelm/8163449/webrev.1/

Assuming there is agreement I will file the CCC request.

Thanks
Michael.

Re: RFR: 8163449: Allow per protocol setting for URLConnection defaultUseCaches

Chris Hegarty

> On 19 Dec 2016, at 16:43, Michael McMahon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Could I get the following API (and impl) change reviewed please?
>
> The change is to add a getter and setter in j.n.URLConnection
> for a per-protocol default setting for the useCaches flag. With this
> change it will be possible to switch off caching for the jar: protocol
> but leave it switched on for http: etc.
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~michaelm/8163449/webrev.1/

This looks good Michael, just a few minor comments:

- I would personally drop the @see tags, since you have links in
  the text body.

- Remove superflous `<p>`

-Chris.