RFR: 8173315: java/net/HttpURLConnection/SetAuthenticator/HTTPSetAuthenticatorTest.java fails intermittently

RFR: 8173315: java/net/HttpURLConnection/SetAuthenticator/HTTPSetAuthenticatorTest.java fails intermittently

Daniel Fuchs
Hi,

Please find below a fix for:

8173315:
java/net/HttpURLConnection/SetAuthenticator/HTTPSetAuthenticatorTest.java
fails intermittently

After examining the logs it appears that the problem may
be due to reusing a dynamically allocated local port number
in the same VM.
This happens very rarely, only when the OS starts dealing
previously allocated (and released) port numbers for port 0.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dfuchs/webrev_8173315/webrev.00/

best regards,

-- daniel

Re: RFR: 8173315: java/net/HttpURLConnection/SetAuthenticator/HTTPSetAuthenticatorTest.java fails intermittently

Michael McMahon
Hi Daniel,

I understand that there is a further dependency on the static
authentication cache
and it is important to have a port number that is not only unbound, but
also not previously used
in the same test VM. It might be worth adding a comment to that effect
in the change.
Otherwise, the fix looks good.

Thanks,
Michael

On 02/02/17 18:08, Michael McMahon wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> I understand that there is a further dependency on the static
> authentication cache
> and it is important to have a port number that is not only unbound, but
> also not previously used
> in the same test VM. It might be worth adding a comment to that effect
> in the change.
> Otherwise, the fix looks good.

Thanks Michael!

Here is the new webrev:

On 02/02/17 18:29, Daniel Fuchs wrote:
> Here is the new webrev:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dfuchs/webrev_8173315/webrev.00/

I meant
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dfuchs/webrev_8173315/webrev.01/
of course :-(

-- daniel

Re: RFR: 8173315: java/net/HttpURLConnection/SetAuthenticator/HTTPSetAuthenticatorTest.java fails intermittently

Michael McMahon
Looks fine Daniel.

Thanks,
Michael