Quantcast

RFR 8178949: The split verifier allows anewarray to create an array of more than 255 dimensions.

RFR 8178949: The split verifier allows anewarray to create an array of more than 255 dimensions.

harold seigel
Hi,

Please review this small JDK-10 fix for anewarray bytecodes that try to
create arrays with more than 255 dimensions.

Open Webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~hseigel/bug_8178949/webrev/index.html

JBS Bug:  https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8178949

The fix was tested with JCK lang and vm tests, the JTreg hotspot,
java/io, java/lang, java/util and other tests, the RBT tier2 -tier5
tests, the co-located NSK tests, and with JPRT.

Thanks, Harold

Re: RFR 8178949: The split verifier allows anewarray to create an array of more than 255 dimensions.

Lois Foltan
Look goods.
Lois

On 4/20/2017 9:09 AM, harold seigel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please review this small JDK-10 fix for anewarray bytecodes that try
> to create arrays with more than 255 dimensions.
>
> Open Webrev:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~hseigel/bug_8178949/webrev/index.html
>
> JBS Bug:  https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8178949
>
> The fix was tested with JCK lang and vm tests, the JTreg hotspot,
> java/io, java/lang, java/util and other tests, the RBT tier2 -tier5
> tests, the co-located NSK tests, and with JPRT.
>
> Thanks, Harold

Re: RFR 8178949: The split verifier allows anewarray to create an array of more than 255 dimensions.

harold seigel
Thanks Lois!

Harold

On 4/20/2017 10:40 AM, Lois Foltan wrote:

> Look goods.
> Lois
>
> On 4/20/2017 9:09 AM, harold seigel wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please review this small JDK-10 fix for anewarray bytecodes that try
>> to create arrays with more than 255 dimensions.
>>
>> Open Webrev:
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~hseigel/bug_8178949/webrev/index.html
>>
>> JBS Bug:  https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8178949
>>
>> The fix was tested with JCK lang and vm tests, the JTreg hotspot,
>> java/io, java/lang, java/util and other tests, the RBT tier2 -tier5
>> tests, the co-located NSK tests, and with JPRT.
>>
>> Thanks, Harold

Re: RFR 8178949: The split verifier allows anewarray to create an array of more than 255 dimensions.

George Triantafillou
Hi Harold,

Looks good.

-George

On 4/20/2017 9:09 AM, harold seigel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please review this small JDK-10 fix for anewarray bytecodes that try
> to create arrays with more than 255 dimensions.
>
> Open Webrev:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~hseigel/bug_8178949/webrev/index.html
>
> JBS Bug:  https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8178949
>
> The fix was tested with JCK lang and vm tests, the JTreg hotspot,
> java/io, java/lang, java/util and other tests, the RBT tier2 -tier5
> tests, the co-located NSK tests, and with JPRT.
>
> Thanks, Harold

Re: RFR 8178949: The split verifier allows anewarray to create an array of more than 255 dimensions.

harold seigel
Thanks George!

Harold

On 4/20/2017 11:24 AM, George Triantafillou wrote:

> Hi Harold,
>
> Looks good.
>
> -George
>
> On 4/20/2017 9:09 AM, harold seigel wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please review this small JDK-10 fix for anewarray bytecodes that try
>> to create arrays with more than 255 dimensions.
>>
>> Open Webrev:
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~hseigel/bug_8178949/webrev/index.html
>>
>> JBS Bug:  https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8178949
>>
>> The fix was tested with JCK lang and vm tests, the JTreg hotspot,
>> java/io, java/lang, java/util and other tests, the RBT tier2 -tier5
>> tests, the co-located NSK tests, and with JPRT.
>>
>> Thanks, Harold

Re: RFR 8178949: The split verifier allows anewarray to create an array of more than 255 dimensions.

serguei.spitsyn@oracle.com
Hi Harold,

It looks good to me.

Thanks,
Serguei

On 4/20/17 06:09, harold seigel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please review this small JDK-10 fix for anewarray bytecodes that try
> to create arrays with more than 255 dimensions.
>
> Open Webrev:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~hseigel/bug_8178949/webrev/index.html
>
> JBS Bug:  https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8178949
>
> The fix was tested with JCK lang and vm tests, the JTreg hotspot,
> java/io, java/lang, java/util and other tests, the RBT tier2 -tier5
> tests, the co-located NSK tests, and with JPRT.
>
> Thanks, Harold

Re: RFR 8178949: The split verifier allows anewarray to create an array of more than 255 dimensions.

harold seigel
Thanks Serguei!

Harold

On 4/20/2017 1:30 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi Harold,
>
> It looks good to me.
>
> Thanks,
> Serguei
>

> On 4/20/17 06:09, harold seigel wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please review this small JDK-10 fix for anewarray bytecodes that try
>> to create arrays with more than 255 dimensions.
>>
>> Open Webrev:
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~hseigel/bug_8178949/webrev/index.html
>>
>> JBS Bug:  https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8178949
>>
>> The fix was tested with JCK lang and vm tests, the JTreg hotspot,
>> java/io, java/lang, java/util and other tests, the RBT tier2 -tier5
>> tests, the co-located NSK tests, and with JPRT.
>>
>> Thanks, Harold

Re: RFR 8178949: The split verifier allows anewarray to create an array of more than 255 dimensions.

harold seigel

Please review this updated fix for JDK-8178949:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~hseigel/bug_8178949.2/webrev/index.html

The updated fix is more efficient than my original fix.

Note that the updated fix only affects verifier.cpp. TestANewArray.java
hasn't changed from the original fix.

Harold

On 4/21/2017 3:31 PM, George Triantafillou wrote:

> Hi Harold,
>
> Looks good!
>
> -George
>
> On 4/21/2017 3:08 PM, harold seigel wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please review this updated fix for JDK-8178949:
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~hseigel/bug_8178949.2/webrev/index.html
>>
>> The updated fix is more efficient than my original fix.
>>
>> Note that the updated fix only affects verifier.cpp.
>> TestANewArray.java hasn't changed from the original fix.
>>
>> Harold
>>

>> On 4/20/2017 9:09 AM, harold seigel wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Please review this small JDK-10 fix for anewarray bytecodes that try
>>> to create arrays with more than 255 dimensions.
>>>
>>> Open Webrev:
>>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~hseigel/bug_8178949/webrev/index.html
>>>
>>> JBS Bug:  https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8178949
>>>
>>> The fix was tested with JCK lang and vm tests, the JTreg hotspot,
>>> java/io, java/lang, java/util and other tests, the RBT tier2 -tier5
>>> tests, the co-located NSK tests, and with JPRT.
>>>
>>> Thanks, Harold

Re: RFR 8178949: The split verifier allows anewarray to create an array of more than 255 dimensions.

serguei.spitsyn@oracle.com
Hi Harold,

Still looks good to me.

Thanks,