Quantcast

RFR: 8178968: AArch64: Remove non-standard code cache size

RFR: 8178968: AArch64: Remove non-standard code cache size

Andrew Haley
The AArch64 code cache size defaults to 128M. This dates from a time
when we hadn't solved the problem of generating efficient far calls,
and it now should be removed so that port defaults to the same cache
size as other architectures.

For JDK 10.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~aph/8178968/

Andrew.

Re: RFR: 8178968: AArch64: Remove non-standard code cache size

Roland Westrelin-3

> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~aph/8178968/

Looks good to me.

Roland.

Re: RFR: 8178968: AArch64: Remove non-standard code cache size

Andrew Dinn
On 19/04/17 16:45, Andrew Haley wrote:
> The AArch64 code cache size defaults to 128M. This dates from a time
> when we hadn't solved the problem of generating efficient far calls,
> and it now should be removed so that port defaults to the same cache
> size as other architectures.
>
> For JDK 10.
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~aph/8178968/

Sounds good to me (reviewed by a non-reviewer).

regards,

Andrew Dinn
Senior Principal Software Engineer
Red Hat UK Ltd