RFR: 8182610: Update specification of service providers for IIORegistry and ServiceRegistry

RFR: 8182610: Update specification of service providers for IIORegistry and ServiceRegistry

Phil Race
This is a doc-only fix to point to ServiceLoader to explain how service
providers work
replacing the local incomplete documentation in these Image I/O classes.
The existing docs pre-date the existence of ServiceLoader which of
course is further
updated in 9 to explain how to deliver service providers as modules.

Bug: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~prr/8182610/
Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~prr/8182610/
Specdiff:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~prr/8182610/iiospecdiff/package-summary.html

-phil

Re: RFR: 8182610: Update specification of service providers for IIORegistry and ServiceRegistry

Paul Sandoz

> On 1 Dec 2017, at 13:19, Phil Race <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> This is a doc-only fix to point to ServiceLoader to explain how service providers work
> replacing the local incomplete documentation in these Image I/O classes.
> The existing docs pre-date the existence of ServiceLoader which of course is further
> updated in 9 to explain how to deliver service providers as modules.
>
> Bug: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~prr/8182610/
> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~prr/8182610/
> Specdiff: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~prr/8182610/iiospecdiff/package-summary.html

+1

Paul.

> -phil

Re: RFR: 8182610: Update specification of service providers for IIORegistry and ServiceRegistry

Sergey Bylokhov
Looks fine.

--
Best regards, Sergey.