RFR: 8184023: Fix tables in doc comments to be accessible

RFR: 8184023: Fix tables in doc comments to be accessible

Jonathan Gibbons
Please review the following fix to the doc comments in the langtools repo.

The primary goal is to fix user-written tables in doc comments for
accessibility,
either by updating tables to use scope=row|col in header cells for
simple tables,
or by using the headings attribute on data cells in more complex tables.

In this case, there are just two tables that need to be updated. The first
has complex headers and needs to be updated manually.  The second can
be converted to a table with class="striped" and then updated automatically
by a small temporary Java utility.

In addition, now that we have a unified docs bundle, the entries in the
second column
can be linked to the corresponding doc pages. Doing so revealed two
errors in the
content of the table, which have also been fixed (using Type instead of
TypeMirror.)

There are a couple of minor style changes as well, to use {@code }
around option names.

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jjg/8184023/webrev.00/

-- Jon

Re: RFR: 8184023: Fix tables in doc comments to be accessible

Jonathan Gibbons
Updated webrev, fixing additional tables in com.sun.javadoc.Tag

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jjg/8184023/webrev.01/
API: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jjg/8184023/api.01/

-- Jon

On 07/07/2017 01:30 PM, Jonathan Gibbons wrote:

> Please review the following fix to the doc comments in the langtools
> repo.
>
> The primary goal is to fix user-written tables in doc comments for
> accessibility,
> either by updating tables to use scope=row|col in header cells for
> simple tables,
> or by using the headings attribute on data cells in more complex tables.
>
> In this case, there are just two tables that need to be updated. The
> first
> has complex headers and needs to be updated manually.  The second can
> be converted to a table with class="striped" and then updated
> automatically
> by a small temporary Java utility.
>
> In addition, now that we have a unified docs bundle, the entries in
> the second column
> can be linked to the corresponding doc pages. Doing so revealed two
> errors in the
> content of the table, which have also been fixed (using Type instead
> of TypeMirror.)
>
> There are a couple of minor style changes as well, to use {@code }
> around option names.

> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jjg/8184023/webrev.00/
>
> -- Jon

Re: RFR: 8184023: Fix tables in doc comments to be accessible

Kumar Srinivasan
Hi Jon,

Looks good to me.

Kumar