RFR 8185346 : Relax RMI Registry Serial Filter to allow arrays of any type

RFR 8185346 : Relax RMI Registry Serial Filter to allow arrays of any type

roger riggs
Please review a relaxation of the serial filter checks on the RMI Registry.

Arrays of any type are serializable and do not pose a risk except based
on the array size,
which is checked by the maxarray limit. Objects inserted in the array
are checked Individually.

The filter is modified to check only the array size against the limit
and otherwise allow arrays of any type.
Both the built-in filter and the pattern based override are updated to
allow arrays.

Webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rriggs/webrev-registry-allow-arrays-8185346/

Issue:

Thanks, Roger

Re: RFR 8185346 : Relax RMI Registry Serial Filter to allow arrays of any type

Daniel Fuchs
Hi Roger,

Looks good to me.

best regards,

-- daniel

On 03/08/2017 15:25, Roger Riggs wrote:

> Please review a relaxation of the serial filter checks on the RMI Registry.
>
> Arrays of any type are serializable and do not pose a risk except based
> on the array size,
> which is checked by the maxarray limit. Objects inserted in the array
> are checked Individually.
>
> The filter is modified to check only the array size against the limit
> and otherwise allow arrays of any type.
> Both the built-in filter and the pattern based override are updated to
> allow arrays.
>
> Webrev:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rriggs/webrev-registry-allow-arrays-8185346/
>
> Issue:
>    https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8185346
>
> Thanks, Roger

Re: RFR 8185346 : Relax RMI Registry Serial Filter to allow arrays of any type

Seán Coffey
Looks fine to me Roger. Thanks for handling.

Should the testcase get an @bug tag ?

regards,
Sean.