RFR: 8186163: bad signatures should be detected by MetaAccessProvider.parseMethodDescriptor

RFR: 8186163: bad signatures should be detected by MetaAccessProvider.parseMethodDescriptor

Doug Simon @ Oracle
Please review this small change to improve error handling when an invalid string is passed to MetaAccessProvider.parseMethodDescriptor

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dnsimon/8186163/

-Doug

Re: RFR: 8186163: bad signatures should be detected by MetaAccessProvider.parseMethodDescriptor

Vladimir Kozlov
Looks good.

Vladimir

On 8/12/17 4:05 AM, Doug Simon wrote:
> Please review this small change to improve error handling when an invalid string is passed to MetaAccessProvider.parseMethodDescriptor

> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dnsimon/8186163/
>
> -Doug

Re: RFR: 8186163: bad signatures should be detected by MetaAccessProvider.parseMethodDescriptor

Doug Simon @ Oracle

> On 12 Aug 2017, at 19:24, Vladimir Kozlov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Looks good.

Thanks. Do I need another review?

BTW, please remind me of the process for requesting a 9u back port. It's not so important for this change but may be for others.

-Doug

On 8/12/17 2:43 PM, Doug Simon wrote:

>> On 12 Aug 2017, at 19:24, Vladimir Kozlov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Looks good.
>
> Thanks. Do I need another review?

Yes. Ask Igor to look.

> BTW, please remind me of the process for requesting a 9u back port. It's not so important for this change but may be for others.

I added 9-bp label to the bug.

Thanks,
Vladimir

> -Doug
>

>> On 8/12/17 4:05 AM, Doug Simon wrote:
>>> Please review this small change to improve error handling when an invalid string is passed to MetaAccessProvider.parseMethodDescriptor
>>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dnsimon/8186163/
>>> -Doug

Re: RFR: 8186163: bad signatures should be detected by MetaAccessProvider.parseMethodDescriptor

Igor Veresov
Looks good to me too.

igor

> On Aug 12, 2017, at 4:05 AM, Doug Simon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Please review this small change to improve error handling when an invalid string is passed to MetaAccessProvider.parseMethodDescriptor

> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dnsimon/8186163/
>
> -Doug

Re: RFR: 8186163: bad signatures should be detected by MetaAccessProvider.parseMethodDescriptor

Doug Simon @ Oracle
Thanks for the review.