RFR: 8189389: Move heap creation into GC interface

RFR: 8189389: Move heap creation into GC interface

Roman Kennke-6
This moves the heap creation code that is currently inside universe.cpp
to the GC specific GCArguments subclasses, thus reducing GC specific
stuff in shared code. It's based on top of 8189171 which should arrive
in the repo today or very soon.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rkennke/8189389/webrev.00/
<http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Erkennke/8189389/webrev.00/>

Test: hotspot_gc

Ok?

Roman

Re: RFR: 8189389: Move heap creation into GC interface

Roman Kennke-6

> This moves the heap creation code that is currently inside
> universe.cpp to the GC specific GCArguments subclasses, thus reducing
> GC specific stuff in shared code. It's based on top of 8189171 which
> should arrive in the repo today or very soon.
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rkennke/8189389/webrev.00/
> <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Erkennke/8189389/webrev.00/>
>
> Test: hotspot_gc
>
> Ok?
>
> Roman

Ping?

Re: RFR: 8189389: Move heap creation into GC interface

Erik Osterlund
Hi Roman,

Sorry for the delay. Am I correct to assume a gcArguments.inline.hpp is
missing from this changeset, with a create_heap_with_policy() member
function?
Otherwise, the approach looks good to me.

Thanks,
/Erik

On 2017-11-16 10:23, Roman Kennke wrote:

>> This moves the heap creation code that is currently inside
>> universe.cpp to the GC specific GCArguments subclasses, thus reducing
>> GC specific stuff in shared code. It's based on top of 8189171 which
>> should arrive in the repo today or very soon.
>>
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rkennke/8189389/webrev.00/
>> <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Erkennke/8189389/webrev.00/>
>>
>> Test: hotspot_gc
>>
>> Ok?
>>
>> Roman
>>
> Ping?

Re: RFR: 8189389: Move heap creation into GC interface

Roman Kennke-6
Oops. Forgot hg add. Full webrev:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rkennke/8189389/webrev.01/
<http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Erkennke/8189389/webrev.01/>

Ok now?

Roman

> Hi Roman,
>
> Sorry for the delay. Am I correct to assume a gcArguments.inline.hpp
> is missing from this changeset, with a create_heap_with_policy()
> member function?
> Otherwise, the approach looks good to me.
>
> Thanks,
> /Erik
>
> On 2017-11-16 10:23, Roman Kennke wrote:
>>
>>> This moves the heap creation code that is currently inside
>>> universe.cpp to the GC specific GCArguments subclasses, thus
>>> reducing GC specific stuff in shared code. It's based on top of
>>> 8189171 which should arrive in the repo today or very soon.
>>>
>>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rkennke/8189389/webrev.00/
>>> <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Erkennke/8189389/webrev.00/>
>>>
>>> Test: hotspot_gc
>>>
>>> Ok?
>>>
>>> Roman
>>>
>> Ping?

Re: RFR: 8189389: Move heap creation into GC interface

Per Lidén
Looks good!

cheers,
Per

On 2017-11-16 13:07, Roman Kennke wrote:

> Oops. Forgot hg add. Full webrev:
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rkennke/8189389/webrev.01/
> <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Erkennke/8189389/webrev.01/>
>
> Ok now?
>
> Roman
>
>> Hi Roman,
>>
>> Sorry for the delay. Am I correct to assume a gcArguments.inline.hpp
>> is missing from this changeset, with a create_heap_with_policy()
>> member function?
>> Otherwise, the approach looks good to me.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> /Erik

>>> Ping?

Re: RFR: 8189389: Move heap creation into GC interface

Erik Osterlund
Hi Roman,

New version looks good.

Thanks,