RFR: 8189440: Event tracing macros for allocation and weak oops processing

RFR: 8189440: Event tracing macros for allocation and weak oops processing

Erik Gahlin
Hi,

Could I have a review of a change that adds two macros to be used with
event-based JVM tracing.

Bug:

Webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~egahlin/8189440_0

Thanks
Erik

Re: RFR: 8189440: Event tracing macros for allocation and weak oops processing

David Holmes
Hi Erik,

On 18/10/2017 12:34 PM, Erik Gahlin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Could I have a review of a change that adds two macros to be used with
> event-based JVM tracing.
>
> Bug:
>
> Webrev:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~egahlin/8189440_0

Reviewed - though all somewhat mysterious in isolation :(

My only real query is in jniHandles.cpp:

    JvmtiExport::weak_oops_do(is_alive, f);
+  TRACE_WEAK_OOPS_DO(is_alive, f);

Can't/shouldn't the tracing be done inside weak_oops_do?