RFR: 8190280 [macos] Font2DTest demo started failing for Arabic range from JDK 8 u162 b01 on Mac

RFR: 8190280 [macos] Font2DTest demo started failing for Arabic range from JDK 8 u162 b01 on Mac

Phil Race
Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~prr/8190280/

This is a JDK8 version of the bug
which affected harfbuzz in JDK 9

It is triggered by a couple of things but mainly that the Mac font code
sometimes sets
a glyphid to be the negation of the unicode to tell a special fallback
path that the
glyphid is not actually supported by the font and low-level rendering
code should
supply a fall back.

The essence of the fix here is that in the ICU code we reject negative
glyph ids
and treat them as missing.

The check for AIOBE in CompositeStrike is just an extra safe guard.

-phil

Re: RFR: 8190280 [macos] Font2DTest demo started failing for Arabic range from JDK 8 u162 b01 on Mac

Sergey Bylokhov
Looks fine.

Best regards, Sergey.

Re: RFR: 8190280 [macos] Font2DTest demo started failing for Arabic range from JDK 8 u162 b01 on Mac

Prahalad kumar Narayanan
Hello Phil

The change looks good.

Thanks