RFR: 8190287: Update JDK's internal ASM to ASMv6

RFR: 8190287: Update JDK's internal ASM to ASMv6

Kumar Srinivasan
Hello Remi, Sundar and others,

Please review the webrev [1] to update JDK's internal ASM to v6.

To help with review areas, you can use the browser to search for mq
patches commented with //

Highlights of changes:
1. updated ASMv6 // jdk-new-asmv6.patch
2. changes to jlink and jar to add ModuleMainClass and ModulePackages
attributes //jdk-new-asm-update.patch
3. adjustments to jdk tests  //jdk-new-asm-test.patch
4. minor adjustments  to hotspot tests  //jdk-new-hotspot-test.patch

Tests:
jdk_tier1, jdk_tier2, testset hotspot, hotspot_tier1, nashorn ant tests,
Alan has also run several tests.

Big thanks to Alan for #2 and #3 as part of [3].

Thanks
Kumar

[1] http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ksrini/8190287/webrev.00/index.html

Re: RFR: 8190287: Update JDK's internal ASM to ASMv6

Sundararajan Athijegannathan
jlink changes look good.

I ran jlink tests and all nashorn tests (jtreg as well as ant
test/test262parallel) after applying the patch locally. All fine!

+1

-Sundar

On 27/10/17, 10:42 PM, Kumar Srinivasan wrote:

> Hello Remi, Sundar and others,
>
> Please review the webrev [1] to update JDK's internal ASM to v6.
>
> To help with review areas, you can use the browser to search for mq
> patches commented with //
>
> Highlights of changes:
> 1. updated ASMv6 // jdk-new-asmv6.patch
> 2. changes to jlink and jar to add ModuleMainClass and ModulePackages
> attributes //jdk-new-asm-update.patch
> 3. adjustments to jdk tests  //jdk-new-asm-test.patch
> 4. minor adjustments  to hotspot tests  //jdk-new-hotspot-test.patch
>
> Tests:
> jdk_tier1, jdk_tier2, testset hotspot, hotspot_tier1, nashorn ant tests,
> Alan has also run several tests.
>
> Big thanks to Alan for #2 and #3 as part of [3].
>
> Thanks
> Kumar
>
> [1] http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ksrini/8190287/webrev.00/index.html

Re: RFR: 8190287: Update JDK's internal ASM to ASMv6

Kumar Srinivasan
Hi Remi,

Are you ok with the ASMv6 changes ?

Thanks