RFR: 8190287: Update JDK's internal ASM to ASMv6

RFR: 8190287: Update JDK's internal ASM to ASMv6

Kumar Srinivasan
Hello Remi, Sundar and others,

Please review the webrev [1] to update JDK's internal ASM to v6.

To help with review areas, you can use the browser to search for mq
patches commented with //

Highlights of changes:
1. updated ASMv6 // jdk-new-asmv6.patch
2. changes to jlink and jar to add ModuleMainClass and ModulePackages
attributes //jdk-new-asm-update.patch
3. adjustments to jdk tests  //jdk-new-asm-test.patch
4. minor adjustments  to hotspot tests  //jdk-new-hotspot-test.patch

Tests:
jdk_tier1, jdk_tier2, testset hotspot, hotspot_tier1, nashorn ant tests,
Alan has also run several tests.

Big thanks to Alan for #2 and #3 as part of [3].

Thanks
Kumar

[1] http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ksrini/8190287/webrev.00/index.html

Re: RFR: 8190287: Update JDK's internal ASM to ASMv6

Mandy Chung

On 10/27/17 10:12 AM, Kumar Srinivasan wrote:
> Hello Remi, Sundar and others,
>
> Please review the webrev [1] to update JDK's internal ASM to v6.
>
> [1] http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ksrini/8190287/webrev.00/index.html

The jlink and module-related change looks fine to me.  I also skimmed
through asm6 change which looks fine too.

Please update src/java.base/share/legal/asm.md to reflect the new version.

thanks
Mandy