RFR: 8190814: javax/imageio/stream/NullStreamCheckTest writes to the repo

RFR: 8190814: javax/imageio/stream/NullStreamCheckTest writes to the repo

Martin Buchholz-3

Re: RFR: 8190814: javax/imageio/stream/NullStreamCheckTest writes to the repo

Phil Race
Hmm. I pointed this out in the review of the original fix
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/2d-dev/2016-March/006491.html
and thought it was resolved .. I should have looked more closely at the
update.

The fix looks fine although I also think this should be main/othervm as
this test is de-registering SPIs and in same VM modefor jtreg then
subsequent
Image I/O tests may fail. I am actually surprised this hasn't been a
problem.

Perhaps you can include that in this update ?

-phil.

> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~martin/webrevs/openjdk10/NullStreamCheckTest/
> <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Emartin/webrevs/openjdk10/NullStreamCheckTest/>

Re: RFR: 8190814: javax/imageio/stream/NullStreamCheckTest writes to the repo

Prahalad kumar Narayanan
Hello Martin

The change looks good to me.

Thank you
Have a good day

Prahalad

Re: RFR: 8190814: javax/imageio/stream/NullStreamCheckTest writes to the repo

Jayathirth D v

Hello Martin,

Thanks for updating the test case.

Changes are fine.

Regards,

Jay

Re: RFR: 8190814: javax/imageio/stream/NullStreamCheckTest writes to the repo

Martin Buchholz-3
Thanks for the quick reviews!

On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 9:06 PM, Philip Race <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hmm. I pointed this out in the review of the original fix
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/2d-dev/2016-March/006491.html
and thought it was resolved .. I should have looked more closely at the update.

The fix looks fine although I also think this should be main/othervm as
this test is de-registering SPIs and in same VM modefor jtreg then subsequent
Image I/O tests may fail. I am actually surprised this hasn't been a problem.

Perhaps you can include that in this update ?

I'm resisting doing that.  I don't know anything about imageio, and I'd like to keep it that way.  Probably there should be more investigation from an expert on all the imageio tests.  Leaving this to you.

Speaking of scope creep, we should fix the typo creatImageOutputStream (even if your name is Ken Thompson).