RFR 8191052: [Graal] java/lang/invoke/CallSiteTest.java intermittently fails with "Failed dependency of type call_site_target_value" when running with Graal as JIT

RFR 8191052: [Graal] java/lang/invoke/CallSiteTest.java intermittently fails with "Failed dependency of type call_site_target_value" when running with Graal as JIT

Tom Rodriguez-2
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~never/8191052/webrev

This consolidates the logic to validate dependencies before code
installation.  JVMCI was missing logic to treat call_site_target_value
failures benignly and the code had also diverged over time.  Tested with
Graal and Truffle.  mach5 testing is being submitted.

tom

Re: RFR 8191052: [Graal] java/lang/invoke/CallSiteTest.java intermittently fails with "Failed dependency of type call_site_target_value" when running with Graal as JIT

Vladimir Kozlov
On 11/28/17 1:54 PM, Tom Rodriguez wrote:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~never/8191052/webrev

Looks good to me.

> This consolidates the logic to validate dependencies before code installation.  JVMCI was missing
> logic to treat call_site_target_value failures benignly and the code had also diverged over time.
> Tested with Graal and Truffle.  mach5 testing is being submitted.

Please, add mach5 job link to confidential comment in JBS.

Thanks,
Vladimir

Vladimir Kozlov wrote:

> On 11/28/17 1:54 PM, Tom Rodriguez wrote:
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~never/8191052/webrev
>
> Looks good to me.
>

>> This consolidates the logic to validate dependencies before code
>> installation.  JVMCI was missing logic to treat call_site_target_value
>> failures benignly and the code had also diverged over time. Tested
>> with Graal and Truffle.  mach5 testing is being submitted.
>
> Please, add mach5 job link to confidential comment in JBS.

Done.  The results are clean.  Do I need more than 1 reviewer?  And I
just push instead of using jprt?

tom

On 12/1/17 10:37 AM, Tom Rodriguez wrote:

> Vladimir Kozlov wrote:
>> On 11/28/17 1:54 PM, Tom Rodriguez wrote:
>>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~never/8191052/webrev
>>
>> Looks good to me.
>>

>>> This consolidates the logic to validate dependencies before code
>>> installation.  JVMCI was missing logic to treat call_site_target_value
>>> failures benignly and the code had also diverged over time. Tested
>>> with Graal and Truffle.  mach5 testing is being submitted.
>>
>> Please, add mach5 job link to confidential comment in JBS.
>
> Done.  The results are clean.  Do I need more than 1 reviewer?  And I just push instead of using jprt?

Yes, you need second review since changes are not simple. I will ask Dean or Igor to look.

After that just push. No more JPRT.

Thanks,
Vladimir

> tom
>

>> Thanks,
>> Vladimir
>>

>>> tom

Re: RFR 8191052: [Graal] java/lang/invoke/CallSiteTest.java intermittently fails with "Failed dependency of type call_site_target_value" when running with Graal as JIT

Igor Veresov
It looks good to me.

igor

> On Dec 1, 2017, at 10:37 AM, Tom Rodriguez <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Vladimir Kozlov wrote:
>> On 11/28/17 1:54 PM, Tom Rodriguez wrote:
>>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~never/8191052/webrev
>>
>> Looks good to me.
>>

>>> This consolidates the logic to validate dependencies before code
>>> installation.  JVMCI was missing logic to treat call_site_target_value
>>> failures benignly and the code had also diverged over time. Tested
>>> with Graal and Truffle.  mach5 testing is being submitted.
>>
>> Please, add mach5 job link to confidential comment in JBS.
>
> Done.  The results are clean.  Do I need more than 1 reviewer?  And I just push instead of using jprt?
>
> tom
>

>> Thanks,
>> Vladimir
>>

>>> tom

Re: RFR 8191052: [Graal] java/lang/invoke/CallSiteTest.java intermittently fails with "Failed dependency of type call_site_target_value" when running with Graal as JIT

dean.long
+1

dl

On 12/1/17 11:49 AM, Igor Veresov wrote:

> It looks good to me.
>
> igor
>
>> On Dec 1, 2017, at 10:37 AM, Tom Rodriguez <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>> Vladimir Kozlov wrote:
>>> Looks good to me.

>>> Please, add mach5 job link to confidential comment in JBS.
>> Done.  The results are clean.  Do I need more than 1 reviewer?  And I just push instead of using jprt?
>>
>> tom
>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Vladimir

Re: RFR 8191052: [Graal] java/lang/invoke/CallSiteTest.java intermittently fails with "Failed dependency of type call_site_target_value" when running with Graal as JIT

Tom Rodriguez-2
Thanks for the reviews.

tom