RFR 8191132: assert condition should not be in quotes

RFR 8191132: assert condition should not be in quotes

harold seigel
Hi,

Please review this simple fix for a bad assert condition.

Open Webrev:
http://javaweb.us.oracle.com/~hseigel/webrev/bug_8191132/webrev/index.html

JBS Bug:  https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8191132

The fix was tested with JPRT, JCK Lang and VM, and Mach5 tier1 - tier5
tests to make sure the new assert did not trigger.

Thanks, Harold

Re: RFR 8191132: assert condition should not be in quotes

harold seigel
Here's the correct webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~hseigel/bug_8191132/webrev/

On 11/14/2017 1:53 PM, harold seigel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please review this simple fix for a bad assert condition.
>
> Open Webrev:
> http://javaweb.us.oracle.com/~hseigel/webrev/bug_8191132/webrev/index.html
>
> JBS Bug:  https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8191132
>
> The fix was tested with JPRT, JCK Lang and VM, and Mach5 tier1 - tier5
> tests to make sure the new assert did not trigger.
>
> Thanks, Harold

Re: RFR 8191132: assert condition should not be in quotes

coleen.phillimore
Looks good!  I think this is the definition of trivial change, and
reassuring that you ran all the tests to see that the real assert never
fires.

Thanks,
Coleen

On 11/14/17 1:55 PM, harold seigel wrote:

> Here's the correct webrev:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~hseigel/bug_8191132/webrev/
>

> On 11/14/2017 1:53 PM, harold seigel wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please review this simple fix for a bad assert condition.
>>
>> Open Webrev:
>> http://javaweb.us.oracle.com/~hseigel/webrev/bug_8191132/webrev/index.html
>>
>> JBS Bug:  https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8191132
>>
>> The fix was tested with JPRT, JCK Lang and VM, and Mach5 tier1 -
>> tier5 tests to make sure the new assert did not trigger.
>>
>> Thanks, Harold

Re: RFR 8191132: assert condition should not be in quotes

harold seigel
Thanks Coleen!

Harold

On 11/14/2017 2:00 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Looks good!  I think this is the definition of trivial change, and
> reassuring that you ran all the tests to see that the real assert
> never fires.
>
> Thanks,
> Coleen
>
> On 11/14/17 1:55 PM, harold seigel wrote:
>> Here's the correct webrev:
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~hseigel/bug_8191132/webrev/
>>

>> On 11/14/2017 1:53 PM, harold seigel wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Please review this simple fix for a bad assert condition.
>>>
>>> Open Webrev:
>>> http://javaweb.us.oracle.com/~hseigel/webrev/bug_8191132/webrev/index.html
>>>
>>> JBS Bug:  https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8191132
>>>
>>> The fix was tested with JPRT, JCK Lang and VM, and Mach5 tier1 -
>>> tier5 tests to make sure the new assert did not trigger.
>>>
>>> Thanks, Harold

Re: RFR 8191132: assert condition should not be in quotes

Jiangli Zhou
+1

Jiangli