RFR 8191438: jarsigner should print when a timestamp will expire

RFR 8191438: jarsigner should print when a timestamp will expire

Wang Weijun
Please take a review at

  http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~weijun/8191438/webrev.04/

Major changes:

1. Warnings on TSA cert chain: expired or expiring

2. No more check on trusted certs

3. More output at signing when -verbose is on

4. Fine tune messages when TSA cert expires earlier than signer cert

5. New test cases

6. Existing tests modification so signer is not trusted

Thanks
Max

Re: RFR 8191438: jarsigner should print when a timestamp will expire

Wang Weijun
Updated again at http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~weijun/8191438/webrev.05/.

--Max

> On Jan 4, 2018, at 8:48 AM, Weijun Wang <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Please take a review at
>
>  http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~weijun/8191438/webrev.04/
>
> Major changes:
>
> 1. Warnings on TSA cert chain: expired or expiring
>
> 2. No more check on trusted certs
>
> 3. More output at signing when -verbose is on
>
> 4. Fine tune messages when TSA cert expires earlier than signer cert
>
> 5. New test cases
>
> 6. Existing tests modification so signer is not trusted
>
> Thanks
> Max

Re: RFR 8191438: jarsigner should print when a timestamp will expire

Sean Mullan
Just a few comments:

- Update copyrights to include 2018
- I think you should also open a jarsigner docs issue to add new
warnings for expired TSA and expiring signer and TSA certs

* Main.java

l1740, typo: s/singer/signer/

--Sean

On 2/9/18 4:10 AM, Weijun Wang wrote:

> Updated again at http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~weijun/8191438/webrev.05/.
>
> --Max
>
>> On Jan 4, 2018, at 8:48 AM, Weijun Wang <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Please take a review at
>>
>>   http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~weijun/8191438/webrev.04/
>>
>> Major changes:
>>
>> 1. Warnings on TSA cert chain: expired or expiring
>>
>> 2. No more check on trusted certs
>>
>> 3. More output at signing when -verbose is on
>>
>> 4. Fine tune messages when TSA cert expires earlier than signer cert
>>
>> 5. New test cases
>>
>> 6. Existing tests modification so signer is not trusted
>>
>> Thanks
>> Max

Re: RFR 8191438: jarsigner should print when a timestamp will expire

Wang Weijun

> On Feb 13, 2018, at 6:01 AM, Sean Mullan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Just a few comments:
>
> - Update copyrights to include 2018

OK.

> - I think you should also open a jarsigner docs issue to add new warnings for expired TSA and expiring signer and TSA certs

https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8197784 filed.

Please also review the release note subtask at https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8197783.

Thanks
Max