RFR: 8191862: Warn about UseNUMA/UseLargePages only when using ParallelGC

RFR: 8191862: Warn about UseNUMA/UseLargePages only when using ParallelGC

Per Liden
Hi,

We currently warn about using UseAdaptiveSizePolicy and
UseAdaptiveNUMAChunkSizing in combination with UseNUMA and
UseLargePages. This warning is only relevant for ParallelGC, but we
print it regardless of which GC has been selected.

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~pliden/8191862/webrev.0/

/Per

Re: RFR: 8191862: Warn about UseNUMA/UseLargePages only when using ParallelGC

Stefan Karlsson
Looks good.

StefanK

On 2017-11-24 15:20, Per Liden wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We currently warn about using UseAdaptiveSizePolicy and
> UseAdaptiveNUMAChunkSizing in combination with UseNUMA and
> UseLargePages. This warning is only relevant for ParallelGC, but we
> print it regardless of which GC has been selected.
>
> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~pliden/8191862/webrev.0/
>
> /Per

Re: RFR: 8191862: Warn about UseNUMA/UseLargePages only when using ParallelGC

Stefan Johansson

On 2017-11-27 13:06, Stefan Karlsson wrote:
> Looks good.

+1
StefanJ

> StefanK
>
> On 2017-11-24 15:20, Per Liden wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We currently warn about using UseAdaptiveSizePolicy and
>> UseAdaptiveNUMAChunkSizing in combination with UseNUMA and
>> UseLargePages. This warning is only relevant for ParallelGC, but we
>> print it regardless of which GC has been selected.
>>
>> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~pliden/8191862/webrev.0/
>>
>> /Per

Re: RFR: 8191862: Warn about UseNUMA/UseLargePages only when using ParallelGC

Per Liden
Thanks Stefan & Stefan!

/Per