RFR 8195650 Method references to VarHandle accessors

RFR 8195650 Method references to VarHandle accessors

Paul Sandoz
Hi,

Please review the following fix to ensure method references to VarHandle signature polymorphic methods are supported at runtime (specifically the method handle to a signature polymorphic method can be loaded from the constant pool):

  http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~psandoz/jdk/JDK-8195650-varhandle-mref/webrev/ <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~psandoz/jdk/JDK-8195650-varhandle-mref/webrev/>

I also added a “belts and braces” test to ensure a constant method handle to MethodHandle::invokeBasic cannot be loaded if outside of the j.l.invoke package.

Paul.

Re: RFR 8195650 Method references to VarHandle accessors

Mandy Chung
This looks good to me AFAICT.

Mandy

On 6/19/18 5:08 PM, Paul Sandoz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please review the following fix to ensure method references to
> VarHandle signature polymorphic methods are supported at runtime
> (specifically the method handle to a signature polymorphic method can
> be loaded from the constant pool):
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~psandoz/jdk/JDK-8195650-varhandle-mref/webrev/
>
> I also added a “belts and braces” test to ensure a constant method
> handle to MethodHandle::invokeBasic cannot be loaded if outside of
> the j.l.invoke package.
>
> Paul.

Re: RFR 8195650 Method references to VarHandle accessors

Paul Sandoz
Gentle reminder.

I would like to get this reviews and pushed before the ramp down phase one kicks in this week.

Paul.

> On Jun 19, 2018, at 5:08 PM, Paul Sandoz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Please review the following fix to ensure method references to VarHandle signature polymorphic methods are supported at runtime (specifically the method handle to a signature polymorphic method can be loaded from the constant pool):
>
>  http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~psandoz/jdk/JDK-8195650-varhandle-mref/webrev/ <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~psandoz/jdk/JDK-8195650-varhandle-mref/webrev/>
>
> I also added a “belts and braces” test to ensure a constant method handle to MethodHandle::invokeBasic cannot be loaded if outside of the j.l.invoke package.
>
> Paul.

Re: RFR 8195650 Method references to VarHandle accessors

John Rose-3
Good fix. Reviewed.

> On Jun 25, 2018, at 9:11 AM, Paul Sandoz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Gentle reminder.
>
> I would like to get this reviews and pushed before the ramp down phase one kicks in this week.
>
> Paul.
>
>> On Jun 19, 2018, at 5:08 PM, Paul Sandoz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please review the following fix to ensure method references to VarHandle signature polymorphic methods are supported at runtime (specifically the method handle to a signature polymorphic method can be loaded from the constant pool):
>>
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~psandoz/jdk/JDK-8195650-varhandle-mref/webrev/ <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~psandoz/jdk/JDK-8195650-varhandle-mref/webrev/>
>>
>> I also added a “belts and braces” test to ensure a constant method handle to MethodHandle::invokeBasic cannot be loaded if outside of the j.l.invoke package.
>>
>> Paul.

Re: RFR 8195650 Method references to VarHandle accessors

Karen Kinnear
Looks good. Matches the existing JVMS. Thanks for the tests.

thanks,
Karen