RFR 8202615: Remove NativeMonitorSpinLimit, NativeMonitorFlags and NativeMonitorTimeout experimental flags

RFR 8202615: Remove NativeMonitorSpinLimit, NativeMonitorFlags and NativeMonitorTimeout experimental flags

Patricio Chilano
Hi all,

I’m Patricio, and just joined the JVM team at Oracle last week. This is
my first RFR which involves removing the experimental flags mentioned
below. Could you please review this fix?

NativeMonitorTimeout experimental flags from globals.hpp and mutex.cpp
and marked them as obsolete.
Note: Flags were removed so that code behaves as it was with
experimental flags having their default values.

Bug URL:
<https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8202615>https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8202615
Webrev URL: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~coleenp/8202615.01/webrev/

The fix was tested with Mach5 on tiers 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 on all platforms.

Since this is my first RFR it might need more examination :)

Thanks,
Patricio

Re: RFR 8202615: Remove NativeMonitorSpinLimit, NativeMonitorFlags and NativeMonitorTimeout experimental flags

Kim Barrett
> On Jun 22, 2018, at 6:23 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I’m Patricio, and just joined the JVM team at Oracle last week. This is my first RFR which involves removing the experimental flags mentioned below. Could you please review this fix?

> Note: Flags were removed so that code behaves as it was with experimental flags having their default values.
>
> Bug URL: <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8202615>https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8202615
> Webrev URL: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~coleenp/8202615.01/webrev/
>
> The fix was tested with Mach5 on tiers 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 on all platforms.
>
> Since this is my first RFR it might need more examination :)
>
> Thanks,
> Patricio

Looks good.

Thanks for also removing the dead Steps.

Re: RFR 8202615: Remove NativeMonitorSpinLimit, NativeMonitorFlags and NativeMonitorTimeout experimental flags

Hi Patricio,

On 23/06/2018 8:23 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I’m Patricio, and just joined the JVM team at Oracle last week. This is

Welcome!

> my first RFR which involves removing the experimental flags mentioned
> below. Could you please review this fix?

Looks good. Reviewed.

------

> NativeMonitorTimeout experimental flags from globals.hpp and mutex.cpp
> and marked them as obsolete.
> Note: Flags were removed so that code behaves as it was with
> experimental flags having their default values.
>
> Bug URL:
> <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8202615>https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8202615
>
> Webrev URL: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~coleenp/8202615.01/webrev/
>
> The fix was tested with Mach5 on tiers 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 on all platforms.
>
> Since this is my first RFR it might need more examination :)
>
> Thanks,
> Patricio

Re: RFR 8202615: Remove NativeMonitorSpinLimit, NativeMonitorFlags and NativeMonitorTimeout experimental flags

Patricio Chilano
Thanks Kim!

Patricio

On 6/22/18 7:50 PM, Kim Barrett wrote:

>> On Jun 22, 2018, at 6:23 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I’m Patricio, and just joined the JVM team at Oracle last week. This is my first RFR which involves removing the experimental flags mentioned below. Could you please review this fix?

>> Note: Flags were removed so that code behaves as it was with experimental flags having their default values.
>>
>> Bug URL: <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8202615>https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8202615
>> Webrev URL: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~coleenp/8202615.01/webrev/
>>
>> The fix was tested with Mach5 on tiers 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 on all platforms.
>>
>> Since this is my first RFR it might need more examination :)
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Patricio
> Looks good.
>
> Thanks for also removing the dead Steps.

Re: RFR 8202615: Remove NativeMonitorSpinLimit, NativeMonitorFlags and NativeMonitorTimeout experimental flags

Patricio Chilano
Thanks David!

Patricio