RFR: 8227594: sadebugd/DebugdConnectTest.java fails due to "java.rmi.NotBoundException: SARemoteDebugger"

RFR: 8227594: sadebugd/DebugdConnectTest.java fails due to "java.rmi.NotBoundException: SARemoteDebugger"

Yasumasa Suenaga-4
Hi all,

Please review this change:

   webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ysuenaga/JDK-8227594/webrev.00/

I added a testcase in JDK-8209790, but it might failed if jtreg tests are run in parallel.
debugd server uses RMI and it tried to create RMI registry if it is not available.
This behavior is not comfortable in parallel execution. So we need to exclude test/hotspot/jtreg/serviceability/sa/sadebugd from parallel execution.

Thanks,

Yasumasa

Re: RFR: 8227594: sadebugd/DebugdConnectTest.java fails due to "java.rmi.NotBoundException: SARemoteDebugger"

Chris Plummer
Hi Yasumasa,

Looks good. You can push this as a trivial change.

thanks,

Chris

On 7/12/19 10:23 PM, Yasumasa Suenaga wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Please review this change:
>
>   JBS: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8227594
>   webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ysuenaga/JDK-8227594/webrev.00/
>
> I added a testcase in JDK-8209790, but it might failed if jtreg tests
> are run in parallel.
> debugd server uses RMI and it tried to create RMI registry if it is
> not available.
> This behavior is not comfortable in parallel execution. So we need to
> exclude test/hotspot/jtreg/serviceability/sa/sadebugd from parallel
> execution.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Yasumasa

Re: RFR: 8227594: sadebugd/DebugdConnectTest.java fails due to "java.rmi.NotBoundException: SARemoteDebugger"

serguei.spitsyn@oracle.com
Hi Yasumasa,

+1

Thanks,