RFR: 8261998: Remove unused shared entry support from utilities/hashtable

RFR: 8261998: Remove unused shared entry support from utilities/hashtable

Kim Barrett-2
Please review this small cleanup in the utilities/hashtable facility.  The
support for "shared" entries is no longer needed or used, so is being deleted.

Testing:
mach5 tier1-4 (some CDS tests are in tier4)

 - remove shared entry support

 Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=2638&range=00
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/2638/head:pull/2638

Re: RFR: 8261998: Remove unused shared entry support from utilities/hashtable

Ioi Lam-2
On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 02:56:14 GMT, Coleen Phillimore <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We might want to share other hashtables like this, like the loader constraint table, but I don't think this will be needed.

CDS used to use Hashtable to store stuff into the archive. It doesn't do that anymore, and has switched to CompactHashtable. So the "shared entry" support in Hashtable can be safely deleted.

Thanks @coleenp and @iklam for reviews.